Mossberg Model 590 Shockwave 14-1/2" .410 legality/hoops?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • E.Shell

Ultimate Member
    Feb 5, 2007
    Mid-Merlind
    I think the best course of action would be for your friend to find someone that owns one already that would be willing to let her shoot it.
    That would be ideal, but I don't know of anyone who has one.
    Once that happens she may gravitate to a regualr shotgun on her own. Maybe a Mossberg Bantam 500 in 20 gauge with a fairly short barrel would be ideal?
    Agreed. I'd like her to have a youth model myself, and for the one shot she MAY fire, it really wouldn't have to be a .410. I have an 870 20 gauge with a 21" barrel and it's very easy to handle, although I admit I'm coming from a 3" 12 gauge with a 26" barrel.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Has she considered a Mossberg 500 Persuader? The bird head grip on the Shockwave is very uncomfortable to shoot and I'm not recoil sensitive.
    mb50138__03915.1685463592.jpg

Other way around .

The style grip pictured above is both very uncomfortable , And extremely challenged to actually hit something.

When they used them , US Marshals developed techniques with " Witness Protection " shotgun like objects that were somewhat effective.

The style now known Shockwave is the Least Worst approach to stockless shotgun like objects . But of course , a shotgun with stock is categorically more better than any PGO .

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom