• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gotguns

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    as of 06/06/13

Md's law states an FFL MAY release a regulated firearm on the 8th. However an Investigation HAS NOT BEEN DONE!
    The emails I personally received from the M.S.P and ATF advising an FFL CAN transfer on the 8th day, HOWEVER DO NOT RECOMMEND and will not give legal advise.

WE WILL NOT RELEASE ANY FIREARM WITH OUT AN INVESTIGATION BEING DONE! CALM DOWN! read further!
    This business is our lively hood! We will not jeopardize our business because ALL Marylander's are pissed off over the current situation.

NOW...we have an avenue to be able to perform an investigation to a certain extent.
    We are currently processing all Regulated ar-15's and ar frames at this time to be able to release to our customers!

PLEASE DO NOT COME INTO THE SHOP TILL YOU ARE CALLED! WE WILL CALL YOU WITHIN A TIMELY MANNER TO RELEASE! IF you come in before you are called? WE WILL NOT TRANSFER THE GUN IN A TIMELY FASHION. WHY? because we want to be able to process applications without answering questions all day long on the phone.

As for our customers receiving pistols/handguns...please be patient will/should be calling you within 10 days or less to release! AGAIN! PLEASE DO NOT COME IN WITHOUT BEING CALLED FIRST! we write down on all apps when we call....so no b.s. ing! OR WE WILL NOT DELIVER YOUR'S IN A TIMELY FASHION. please be patient.

To all our customer's I have heard your concerns! As i'm sure every FFL across the state of Maryland has too.

I have been working on this matter 3 weeks prior to anyone jumping the gun! (no pun intended)

Its a simple fact! POLITICS has played the biggest role in what we all are facing!
    However....its simple....IF AN FFL releases a firearm without an investigation being done and IF ILLEGAL MATTERS OCCURS...THE FFL WILL GET THROWN UNDER THE BUS!! FINES, COURT COSTS, LAWYER FEES, LICENSE REVOKED, OUT OF A JOB!! and for why? O'MALLEY'S LAW!

We are on our law abiding citizens side. We are just as frustrated as you; as an FFL holder and a Md resident! however we have to C.Y.A.! AND We do not want ANY criminals to have any gun.

PLEASE bare with us...were are doing the absolute best we can TO HELP YOU our law abiding customers!

If this still upsets you in any manner I am truly sorry! However....make the complaint were it should go to; not us! Please start contacting your elected politicians!

THANK YOU FOR YOUR COOPERATION AND UNDERSTANDING!

Tim Hafer

Shamr0ck

Ultimate Member
    Aug 6, 2011
    Frederick
    Tim

Understood and thank you for the clarification/details. I'll wait for the call for pickup but may stop by in advance to purchase another... Still looking for my first 1911

Thanks again -

TimG

Aug 14, 2012
    Well said Tim. Maryland politics at its best. What a mess O'Malley has made of this State!

Rockn93yj

Nov 24, 2011
    Thank you Tim. I was on day 64 thinking I would get called soon. With this change I will be by soon to begin purchasing again.
    Bill

RustinRifle55

Feb 24, 2013
    St. James MD
    Well said Tim...we understand.....

Thank you MOM. Just think....MOM wants to be president... Texas would eat his lunch and throw the rascal under the bus.

Hopalong

Man of Many Nicknames
    Jun 28, 2010
    Howard County
    Thank you Tim. You've always been a stand-up guy (as I tell anyone who's looking for an FFL) and this just proves me right.

You'll be getting all of my business for the foreseeable future.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    tyreseveronica

Latest threads

Top Bottom