• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kraftyone

Mar 9, 2013
    So while assembling my AR pistol i ran into an issue getting the muzzle device indexed properly. I eventually decided to add a second crush washer behind the muzzle device and it indexed properly. My guess is that the cut the shoulder on the barrel to long thus requiring the extra crush washer. Anyone run into a similar issue, and is adding the second crush washer correct?

kraftyone

Mar 9, 2013
    I understand what your saying but it is not even close to being able to be in the right orientation with just the single crush washer. This is my fourth build and I have not run into this issue before. I was originally going to run a Miculek comp on this barrel and it ended up vertical rather than horizontal. which is why I believe the shoulder depth is off on the barrel.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    I understand what your saying but it is not even close to being able to be in the right orientation with just the single crush washer. This is my fourth build and I have not run into this issue before. I was originally going to run a Miculek comp on this barrel and it ended up vertical rather than horizontal. which is why I believe the shoulder depth is off on the barrel.

Are you using a torque wrench?

Pitbull410

Aug 1, 2016
    Are you sure they are not shims instead of crush washers? The muzzle brake I've installed you need to use provided shims to time it properly.

atblis

Ultimate Member
    May 23, 2010
    Was the muzzle device previously used? I've had issues with what I suspect is carbon build up keeping things from tightening down properly.

Got a set of calipers? Take some measurements and report back to us. A picture always helps too. A quick glance at google seems to indicate that the threaded portion should be 0.625" long.

I also recommend the precision shims. I've been using these.
    https://precisionarmament.com/product/accu-washer-system/

b5qw0o.jpg

Last edited:

kraftyone

Mar 9, 2013
    It was a brand new YHM right out of the box and I used the crush washer that came with it. The Miculek style comp I tried first did not come with anything, crush washer or spacer so I tried a crush washer with it and it was 90* out.

kraftyone

Mar 9, 2013
    Was the muzzle device previously used? I've had issues with what I suspect is carbon build up keeping things from tightening down properly.

Got a set of calipers? Take some measurements and report back to us. A picture always helps too. A quick glance at google seems to indicate that the threaded portion should be 0.625" long.

I also recommend the precision shims. I've been using these.
    https://precisionarmament.com/product/accu-washer-system/

b5qw0o.jpg

This is what I suspect the true issue to be after I get all full and bloated today I will take some measurements. And I definately will stock up on the peel washers for my next build. I like that idea.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    nexgen98

Latest threads

Top Bottom