• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dspurlock

Mar 31, 2013
    I finally finished up a couple of new/old MAK90 projects that I would like to share. I apologize in advance for not the taking better pictures.

The first one I bought a dozen years ago that I recently finally turned into what it was suppose to be; a Chicom under-folder. I originally purchased it with a butt-hole stock, threaded barrel, but with no slant brake. After years of searching, I finally located a genuine factory new Norinco under-folder back trunnion. After I received the new trunnion., it was all downhill from there. I had the old back trunnion removed and the new one installed by an AK-Smith (Glade Valley in Fredrick MD – I’ll never use them again- extremely poor customer service). I then installed Ironwood furniture, a USA made slant brake, a new muzzle indent & spring (for the slant brake) and the rest is what you see. She is definitely is a real shooter and yes she is 922r complaint in case anyone is asking.

My second project came about because of Sandy Hook. Before Maryland told me I wouldn't be able to express my constitutional right and purchase certain US legal firearms anymore, I decided to assemble a couple of ARs, plus also picked up another AK before the ban. I decided on another reliable Chicom in the end over what slim pickings were out there. I ended up purchasing a straight edge-cut receiver MAK90 rifle from a gentleman in Texas.

She is also 922r complaint. She has Ironwood furniture, no brake and runs TAPCO magazines when I fire her

Enjoy,
    mak90_underfolder_left.jpg

mak90_left.jpg

Last edited:

dspurlock

Mar 31, 2013
    Okay???

This is strange,,, but I guess this because it's the Internet.....

If I've disrespected you in any way in my posts, I apologize. I'm not sure what else to say.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Shive62

Latest threads

Top Bottom