• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Larry David

Jul 1, 2013
    Carroll County
    First day with the HK 416 D 22lr. The build quality is excellent and feels like a real Modern Sporting Rifle not a toy. Upper, lower, and hand guard are all aluminum. I wish the faux bolt release actually functioned like it does on the Tippman model. The trigger is heavy but smooth.

At an indoor 50 yard range I used a variety of ammo with no hiccups or failure of anything at all. 30 rounds of CCI Standard Velocity (used these to zero the scope); 30 rounds Stingers; 20 rounds of Mini Mag hollow points; and 30 rounds of Aguila .22 Super Extra. The biggest concern I had was the ability to eat a variety of ammo with zero drama. This is no longer a concern. I just have to do my part keeping the rifle cleaned and properly oiled.

I had a Monstrom S330P prism scope and riser to throw on it. Yeah, I know cheap chyna scope but I had it on hand. This soft shooting .22lr didn’t warrant a battle ready ACOG. Polymer backup sights were included with the rifle.

So other than the non functional bolt release I like everything about this setup.

Oh, the HK magazines are really well made. A little pricey but worth every penny.

Attachments

• 1D9BAACB-770E-40D2-8C4E-A6B9544443DD.jpg
      1D9BAACB-770E-40D2-8C4E-A6B9544443DD.jpg
      48.6 KB · Views: 233

wreckdiver

Ultimate Member
    Nov 13, 2008
    Cool. I checked out one today at a local gun shop. Seemed a lot nicer than the first generation ones.

The Saint

Black Powder Nerd/Resident Junk Collector
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 10, 2021
    Baltimore County
    These are fun. The Colt M4-22, Hammerli, and HK416-22 are all the same thing with very minor variations. All made by Umarex/Walther with interchangeable parts and mags. I recently sold a Colt M4-22 for $600 via Gunbroker; was surprised it went for that much...but the "C" word will do that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom