• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jaycee2004

Apr 17, 2009
    Cambridge
    I bought a Marlin model 25 22lr today at an auction for a whopping five dollars. I paid a fifteen dollar transfer for a total of twenty bones. It needs a bolt and a trigger guard. I don't know whether to refinish the stock or do a synthetic stock. Time to find some parts I suppose :)

2012-06-23175043.jpg

jaycee2004

Apr 17, 2009
    Cambridge
    And so my luck is as follows. The rear bolt is no longer available. The parts I can find such as the front breach is 32 bucks but is on indefinite back order and so is the striker assembly at the cost of 33 bucks. This one may go on the back burner for a period of time :(

j8064

Garrett Co Hooligan #1
    Feb 23, 2008
    Deep Creek
    Give Springfield Sporters a call. Sometimes Russell surprises me with the old parts he can dig up.

Deep Creek Rock

.._. .._ _._. _._ .._
    There are a couple of bolt assemblys listed on Gunbroker.com. From what I see there are 2 style bolts -one is an early style, the other late style. You may want to do some research on the age & production of that gun, to see which one you would need. The price on the bolts arent that cheap. Hopefully you can get it back to firing order, without exceeding the price of a new gun or a comparable model.

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=292727810

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=291343813

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=291403295

mvee

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 13, 2007
    Crofton
    I may have the parts you need. I will be able to tell you in a weeks or so. I am out of town.

67temp

Jun 25, 2009
    Gettysburg, PA
    They don't make guns in general, especially .22's like they used too.

I agree, I love my 25, or atleast I did till my wife claimed it.

Looks like you may also need the 7rd mag. In your search for parts you may be able to snag something from an 80/81 models that can swap onto your project. Also dont forget to search for the store brand models from glenfield, foremost, firestone, sears, j.c. higgens, western auto.....

jaycee2004

Apr 17, 2009
    Cambridge
    I look at it this way, if I cannot find the parts to make it operable, I can refinish the stock and get at least my twenty bucks back. I'd love to get it firing though

jonnyl

Ultimate Member
    Sep 23, 2009
    Frederick
    Good luck!

When I got back into guns i was amazed that when I needed a spring for a rifle made in 1918 ( it is a 1903 Springfield) I was able to just order it online.

Less classic firearms will take longer, but if you get satisfaction out of the journey, it may be worth it.

Enjoy the hobby!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Jtlambo

Latest threads

Top Bottom