• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rickyp

Ultimate Member
    Sep 13, 2009
    2012-05-09_16-12-48_376.jpg

I bought the base Ruger 10-22 Used from Big Brad's Gun shop just out side of Salisbury. Made the deal trough the classified of this forum (Brad is a great guy to deal with) I then took the factory stock and barrel off and put them in my barrel safe.

The barrel is a .920 green mountain target barrel 20" long

The stock is from blackhawk and is a Knoxx Axiom R/F Rifle Stock,

A Cadwell 6-9" bipod

Scope is from Bass pro and is a 3-9X40 Unknown rim fire scope rings and a weaver base. The base that came with it didn't have all the screws and it was cheaper to buy a new base then buy the screws.

I sighted it in at 40 yards and was shooting very well. I then moved out to 100 yards and when I figured out the hold I was hitting small rocks on the Yard back stop very easy.

I ended up buying another 10 and 5 round magazines. I went trough over 200 rounds of the Remington 525 round bulk ammo this afternoon.

Wreck

Mar 9, 2012
    Bethesda
    Nice. I may do something similar to my 10/22. How do you like the barrel? Noticeable performance gain over the stock one?

rickyp

Ultimate Member
    Sep 13, 2009
    I really have ni idea as to how the factory barrel shot it was an older tapered barrel I only shot it about 40 times when I got it and that was to test the action and make sure it was working right. I really didn't hit anything at 40 yards with the open sights when was testing it.

I had to do some fitting of the barrel to the action this wasn't real bad. I just took some sandpaper (not sure the proper name but it is the kind you use on pipe before you solder it) and sanded down the part of the barrel that goes into the receiver. It took about an hour and it now fits very snugly. The green mountain barrel shot very well.

Gremlin73

May 8, 2012
    Mechanicsville
    Love the 10/22's. Have two of them. My most recent modification was to get the ProMag Archangel Nomad kit I bought almost a year ago on. Would have done it sooner but a bad injury prevented from useing my arm. Couldn't even shoot. Recent surgery has helped so decided to put it together. Shoots great and looks cool.

rickyp

Ultimate Member
    Sep 13, 2009
    I was looking at that kit but I wanted more of a target set up, this stock gave me a tac. and target features that I wanted in one package.

The only other kit I was thinking about was the 30 carbine kit, it turnes the 10/22 in to what looks very close to a 30 carbine. That kit alone would be more then I have in the entire above set upincluding the rifle.

rickyp

Ultimate Member
    Sep 13, 2009
    I was surprised as to how it did with the Remington 525 round bulk pack ammo.

I did see someone trying to sell some of the wolf ammo here in the classified the asking price is a bit much for me

lx1x

Peanut Gallery
    Apr 19, 2009
    Maryland
    I was surprised as to how it did with the Remington 525 round bulk pack ammo.

I did see someone trying to sell some of the wolf ammo here in the classified the asking price is a bit much for me

yup not cheap but try few.. you will be surprised. guthook got me hooked on it. i call it cheaters ammo. lol

joppaj

Sheepdog
    Staff member
    Apr 11, 2008
    MD
    Try the CCI AR Tactical ammo. It's more expensive than true bulk, but still reasonable. I ran about 500 rounds of it at the Appleseed shoot and never had a bad round. Accurate enough to earn my rifleman's badge.

rainman73guns

Dec 18, 2008
    Just went to Freestate range to test out my new AR15 together with my Saiga and of course, the 10/22 in archangel guise. The 22 ruger is just as fun as the bigger calibers. On my way out, I checked out a SW mp15-22 for sale and I got to say, it felt so plasticky I didn't feel it was worth 449. The 10/22 in promag clothing actually felt more robust:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Shive62

Latest threads

Top Bottom