• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • K31

"Part of that Ultra MAGA Crowd"
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2006
    AA county
    My wife wants to help out currently serving vets and so she has gone to some website where they can post requests for stuff.

She showed me this one where the guys in question want "tactical slings for M4 and M16 type weapons as well as Mossberg shotguns".

Not being a black rifle guy I need some guidance, particularly from some vets who have combat experience about good slings for real combat. I get plenty of catalogs with "tactical" gear advertised but I don't want to buy some Cheaper Than Dirt Chicom knock off made for wannabes.

The environment seems to be a marine one so I assume that the rifles in question will be slung for defense until needed rather than actively kept at the ready.

They also want "pull ropes for the above weapons". By this I assume they mean bore snakes or cable-type pull through cleaning rods. If there is something else called a "pull rope" please let me know.

Last edited:

Spot77

Ultimate Member
    May 8, 2005
    Anne Arundel County
    I have no idea, brother.

But when you find out, let us know unless somebody posts it here first.

I've never had to really carry my rifle more than a few feet unless it was in the case.

DD214

Founder
    Apr 26, 2005
    St Mary's County
    I'm currently at Marine Corps Base Hawaii, so I'll see if I can find a freshly returned Marine to ask. Unfortunately I am working on the Navy side, so I may not run into any.

K31

"Part of that Ultra MAGA Crowd"
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2006
    AA county
    Well, I think you can stand down.

My wife went to Walmart this a.m. and bought $300 worth of personal stuff, DVDs and snacks to send. Then we went to the Dutch Farmers Market and she bought some candy and then to Barnes&Noble for some magazines. Later she is going to BJ's to pick up some granola bars.

So hopefully we'll be forgiven if we don't get the slings or bore snakes.

Mahalo.

Remember to wear your aloha shirt today.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    illlocs33

Latest threads

Top Bottom