• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Reighvin

Dec 30, 2012
    Lexington Park, MD
    I believe in the 2nd Amendment but never have been somebody to own a gun. Until now that is. I've always been told that anything you don't use can very easily disappear.

I'm in the Marine Corps stationed as NAS Patuxent River, but I am a Washington resident. I just recently applied for a Concealed Pistol Permit for Washington for when I travel and am home, and am currently looking at different handguns. Really taking a liking to the Springfield XD(M) 9mm Compact. My Dad lives in FL and that is what he carries down there and he loves it.

Also looking at lock boxes to store it in. I have a little one at home in Washington and want to be able to store it securely from her while providing quick access if needed.

And of course, a place to shoot and practice is going to be a good thing. :-)

And of course, learning as much as I can from all the experience that is here about anything and everything.

Dave MP

Retired USA
    Jun 13, 2010
    Farmland, PA
    [FONT=&quot]Welcome from Dundalk!
    Take a look at these [/FONT][FONT=&quot]helpful[/FONT][FONT=&quot] links – LOTS of [/FONT][FONT=&quot]amazing[/FONT][FONT=&quot] info![/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]FORUM RULES[/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot]HOW to APPLY for a MARYLAND Carry Permit[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]

[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Range Etiquette and Staying Safe[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Admin News and Announcements[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Gun Rights and Legislation[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Industry Partners[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Maryland Ranges[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]MDS Logo Gear[/FONT][/FONT]

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    Howdy. Thanks for your service to our country.

www.marylandshallissue.org

BMD084

Dec 31, 2012
    SOMD
    Welcome to you as well! Semper Fi brother! I really like the XDM's. I think I'd go with the .40, just seems to have better knockdown power. However, 9mm's are cheap to shoot and still very effective.

Jan 2, 2013
    California, MD
    Welcome bro and thank you for your service. I live in the Pax River area and am joining Sanners Lake. If interested check out their website asap because limited spots available from what I hear. I like my Glocks but then again have no experience with anything else other than the Beretta 92 service pistol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    nexgen98

Latest threads

Top Bottom