• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jan 8, 2013
    Urbana
    Hey guys, I've been reading the forum for a while and decided to finally join. New to shooting and to owning firearms, albeit a tough time to get into it given the current gun control climate. However i figured now is the time to voice my support of the second amendment and make my voice heard. not to mention make some friends with similar views.

I live in Urbana and am in search of a good place to call my shooting home, hopefully i can get some suggestions here. In a perfect world I'd love to join a private club where i can:

1) Go shooting after work most days of the week if it whims me and take the old lady on the weekends
    2) Shoot a rifle out to 100, 200, and hopefully 300+ yards
    3) Possibly practice common home defense handgun maneuvers, like turning around and quickly acquiring a target and shooting in a safe and controlled manner, even if thats in a supervised specially set up type event.
    4) Possibly go fishing in a private pond/lake on the premises

Obviously I'd be more than willing to do volunteer work and maintenance days and whatever else is required of members. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated and i look forward to contributing to the MdShooters community.

Carlfer

Apr 6, 2012
    Frederick County
    Hello and welcome. I also live in Urbana. Check out the Frederick Izaak Walton league. It's located off of Reels Mill Rd. They have a pistol range and 50, 100, and soon 200 yard rifle range. Let me know if you want more info.

Dave MP

Retired USA
    Jun 13, 2010
    Farmland, PA
    Hey guys, I've been reading the forum for a while and decided to finally join. New to shooting and to owning firearms, albeit a tough time to get into it given the current gun control climate. However i figured now is the time to voice my support of the second amendment and make my voice heard. not to mention make some friends with similar views.

I live in Urbana and am in search of a good place to call my shooting home, hopefully i can get some suggestions here. In a perfect world I'd love to join a private club where i can:

1) Go shooting after work most days of the week if it whims me and take the old lady on the weekends
    2) Shoot a rifle out to 100, 200, and hopefully 300+ yards
    3) Possibly practice common home defense handgun maneuvers, like turning around and quickly acquiring a target and shooting in a safe and controlled manner, even if thats in a supervised specially set up type event.
    4) Possibly go fishing in a private pond/lake on the premises

Obviously I'd be more than willing to do volunteer work and maintenance days and whatever else is required of members. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated and i look forward to contributing to the MdShooters community.

[FONT=&quot]Welcome from Dundalk!
    Take a look at these [/FONT][FONT=&quot]helpful[/FONT][FONT=&quot] links – LOTS of [/FONT][FONT=&quot]amazing[/FONT][FONT=&quot] info![/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]FORUM RULES[/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot]HOW to APPLY for a MARYLAND Carry Permit[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]

[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Range Etiquette and Staying Safe[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Admin News and Announcements[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Gun Rights and Legislation[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Industry Partners[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Maryland Ranges[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]MDS Logo Gear[/FONT][/FONT]

I'm in Adamstown, and would love to find the same. tuscarora is just down the road, but I believe it's trap/skeet only. Maybe someone here can verify this?

[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Maryland Ranges[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT]

justsand

Ultimate Member
    Jul 14, 2010
    monrovia md
    http://www.mtairyiwla.org/

we have trap, rifle 25 50 100 200 300 yard, pistol and allow hunting if your into that. we are just out side or mt airy but on the Frederick county side.

we are open to the public Thursday nights for trap but come look around

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    Howdy.

www,marylandshallissue.org

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads