• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jas

Jan 7, 2006
    Dares Beach
    Just stumbled upon this forum I think its a great idea. Just wanted to introduce myself to my fellow shooters.:lol:

Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    Jas,

Welcome aboard. I think you'll be pleased at how many folks stop in here. I'm in Annapolis but work in Greenbelt.

What kinda shooting you into?

BTW.....new guys buy the next round of drinks :innocent0

Jas

Jan 7, 2006
    Dares Beach
    I'm into all types of shooting, mainly rifle but do enjoy a good pistol every now and then,do alot of target shooting I've also dabbled a little in trap shooting, when I have the chance. Where does everyone around here go to shoot? I've got a nice bottle of JD just waiting on everyones glasses.

Last edited:

Spot77

Ultimate Member
    May 8, 2005
    Anne Arundel County
    I shoot a little of everything with more emphasis on "little" as it pertains to shotguns.

I guess we'll need to start talking about a spring get-together soon.

Jas

Jan 7, 2006
    Dares Beach
    I'm with you on that one I rarely get to shoot a shotgun unless one of my friends happens to bring one to the range. I did just pick up a PTR 91 and finally got out to the range to give it a try and that thing is beautiful.

Norton

Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    On Target for pistol shooting

Elk Neck for rifle shooting

Prince George's Trap and Skeet for shotgun....right in your backyard. You can probably hear the shots....I can hear them from work....a cruel punishment on those beautiful days and I can't get over there.

The PTR91 is a fine rifle and was one that I considered when I was looking for a 7.62 NATO rifle. I ended going with the FAL as it fit me better and was less complicated to clean. But it was a tough choice.

Hmmm Jack Daniels :party29: .....maybe we need a MSF bourbon tasting :D I picked up a nice bottle of Woodford Reserve that was like nectar....

Jas

Jan 7, 2006
    Dares Beach
    Been to On Target a couple times but haven't heard of Elk Neck before. Since my father is a retired goverment employee I sometimes have access to the range on the BARC there in Beltsville thats where I do most of my shooting. As far as bourbon tasting goes have you ever tried JD Single Barrel its exellent. May have to try the Woodford Reserve myself.

Norton

Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    A range on the ag center? :eek: Never knew that.....any way that military ID will get me in there?

Haven't been around much JD......just working my way through some of the "boutique" bourbons to see if there is somethning that really grabs my attention. The Woodford reserve is pretty darned good and leads the pack thus far.

Jas

Jan 7, 2006
    Dares Beach
    Honestly don't know how you can join or gain admittence without a current member, but it is on Soil Conservation Rd just past NASA.

novus collectus

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 1, 2005
    Bowie
    Welcome to the board.

There is a gun club in Bowie called Berwyn. I live in Bowie and it is nice being a member of a range that is a few miles away. You might want to check it out (trap two days a week and rifle/pistol every day).

If you don't know the area too well, then Berwyn is just a mile or two from Old Bowie, about two minutes from Bowie State University and about five minutes from the Wildlife Refuge on 197.

Jas

Jan 7, 2006
    Dares Beach
    I've passed it a few times but never stopped in, I heard it was closed for renovation. I would like to find a nice club to join in the area.

novus collectus

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 1, 2005
    Bowie
    Jas said:
    I've passed it a few times but never stopped in, I heard it was closed for renovation. I would like to find a nice club to join in the area.
    Openned back up about 3 months ago. Let me know if you want to take a gander.

Last edited:

DZ

Ultimate Member
    Oct 9, 2005
    Mount Airy, MD
    Jas said:
    Honestly don't know how you can join or gain admittence without a current member, but it is on Soil Conservation Rd just past NASA.

every once in a while when im at PGC i hear what sounds like automatic gunfire coming from this location.

on a spring gtg:
    PGC would be a great place... open, outdoors, picnic tables, trap, skeet and sporting clays...

Norton

Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    IDriveB5 said:
    every once in a while when im at PGC i hear what sounds like automatic gunfire coming from this location.

Sure it's not just from over at DuVal HS?:lol2:

Jas

Jan 7, 2006
    Dares Beach
    Hey thats my old school, I'm not sure if they have figured out how to slip everything thru the metal detectors yet.:gun7:

Norton

Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    Jas said:
    Hey thats my old school, I'm not sure if they have figured out how to slip everything thru the metal detectors yet.:gun7:

Heh, heh.....I teach at a school very close to there.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    illlocs33

Latest threads

Top Bottom