No magazines included with your new guns?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Parry

Nov 22, 2020
    On my way out of Maryland
    Hi George,

I’ve made several purchases earlier this year and wanted to introduce a new customer to you recently.

However, when he was going to buy a new gun, he was told the he won’t be receiving ANY magazines with his new purchase but will still need to pay full price.

When I heard, I was embarrassed and so I referred him to the another store. He bought them WITH blocked magazines at the other store.

Any reason why United doesn’t just block the magazines?

Thanks.

Last edited:

Garet Jax

Not ignored by gamer_jim
    MDS Supporter
    May 5, 2011
    Bel Air
    Hi George,

I’ve made several purchases earlier this year and wanted to introduce a new customer to you recently.

However, when he was going to buy a new gun, he was told the he won’t be receiving ANY magazines with his new purchase but will still need to pay full price.

When I heard, I was embarrassed and so I referred him to the another store. He bought WITH blocked magazines at the other store.

Any reason why United don’t just block the magazines?

Thanks.

Have to ask them.

Ooops sorry missed where this was posted.

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    When I had that happen to me there recently, I was told their license didn't allow them to modify firearms/magazines. Wish I'd known in advance. I'm out nearly 50 bucks for the seized mag, then the money to buy a replacement. Plus time and money for a trip to America.

4g64loser

Bad influence
    Jan 18, 2007
    maryland
    When I had that happen to me there recently, I was told their license didn't allow them to modify firearms/magazines. Wish I'd known in advance. I'm out nearly 50 bucks for the seized mag, then the money to buy a replacement. Plus time and money for a trip to America.
    SCSG gets my business because if there are issues like this I know before I drop money. And they can generally block mags.

dieselfarmboy

Ultimate Member
    Feb 5, 2009
    Snow Hill, MD
    I could understand if you ordered the gun from someone else and had it shipped there for only the transfer them removing them and not compensating. Now if they had it in stock and it came from the factory with a high cap, then they should lower the price or exchange for a 10 rounder at no charge. It would be like buying a vehicle in a state that say FM radio was illegal so they just yank the radio out instead.

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    Yeah, a GB transfer. Took over 4 weeks to get it in hand,hen what with a couple holidays, shipping delays, and MSP screwups. Then the mag issue.

But wait, there's more!

I bought the pistol at a premium price, maunly because it had the Cajun Gun Works improvements. I figured in the cost of upgrade, shipping, inevitable delays, and decided that it was worth the extra money. When I finally got the package, it seems that the parts kit was bought from CGW, and installed by someone else.

So now I'm hoping it was done correctly. Else I'm out even more. Ad didn't actually specify that CGW did the job, and they don't accept returns, and even if they did it'd still cost extra for transfer fees, shipping, and maybe restocking fee.

Just another 3 credit hours in the School of Hard Knocks. I'm working toward an advanced degree in Stupid But Hopeful.

rseymorejr

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2011
    Harford County
    Yeah, a GB transfer. Took over 4 weeks to get it in hand,hen what with a couple holidays, shipping delays, and MSP screwups. Then the mag issue.

But wait, there's more!

I bought the pistol at a premium price, maunly because it had the Cajun Gun Works improvements. I figured in the cost of upgrade, shipping, inevitable delays, and decided that it was worth the extra money. When I finally got the package, it seems that the parts kit was bought from CGW, and installed by someone else.

So now I'm hoping it was done correctly. Else I'm out even more. Ad didn't actually specify that CGW did the job, and they don't accept returns, and even if they did it'd still cost extra for transfer fees, shipping, and maybe restocking fee.

Just another 3 credit hours in the School of Hard Knocks. I'm working toward an advanced degree in Stupid But Hopeful.
    Do you have someone out of state they could ship them to?

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    Do you have someone out of state they could ship them to?
    Wasn't presented as an option for the seized mag. Easier for me to suck it up and find a shop in VA that might have them.

The irony is that I opted for this pistol to avoid having to jump thru hoops.

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia

That sounds like BS but I will say I don’t know the different FFL types. I’ve never had an FFL sell me a gun without mags, they’ve all blocked them to 10 rounds.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

4g64loser

Bad influence
    Jan 18, 2007
    maryland
    That sounds like BS but I will say I don’t know the different FFL types. I e never had an FFL sell me a gun without mags, they’ve all blocked them to 10 rounds.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    If it doesn't have a serial number, working on it is not manufacturing. No different than fixing or modding a scope.

Aug 31, 2022
    Howard County
    Wasn't presented as an option for the seized mag. Easier for me to suck it up and find a shop in VA that might have them.

The irony is that I opted for this pistol to avoid having to jump thru hoops.
    Since it has CGW upgrades I'm guessing its a type of CZ75? Those aren't the most uncommon mags to find

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    Since it has CGW upgrades I'm guessing its a type of CZ75? Those aren't the most uncommon mags to find
    Yeah, but they have an odd extension to augment the shorter grip frame. I could go out and buy 10 round mags in MD, but the 14 rd is what came with the pistol.

Then too, there's the money issue.

Aug 31, 2022
    Howard County
    Yeah, but they have an odd extension to augment the shorter grip frame. I could go out and buy 10 round mags in MD, but the 14 rd is what came with the pistol.

Then too, there's the money issue.
    Oh so you need CZ-75 Compact mags? I've seen vendors with those at Nation's gunshow, but obviously that doesn't fix the time or money problem.

Regardless, it's a pain in the neck when they take the magazines. Great consignment offerings but I now mainly use Tyler Firearms in Halethorpe for (used) firearm transfers

RCH

Will work for ammo.
    Mar 18, 2007
    PG County
    Lucky for you that the Nation's Gun Show in Chantilly is only 2 weeks away. ( July 21-23).

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom