• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sbmike

Ultimate Member
    Feb 19, 2011
    Almost Heaven, WV
    I may have missed it, but I couldn't seem to find any thread that talks about WV residents' ability to obtain a MD non-resident concealed carry permit. I heard it is possible to obtain one but I couldn't find any reference to it on the MDMSP website. I believe it requires that the WV applicant have a valid WV CCW permit, which I do, but it's odd that somehow I've missed any discussion on the subject. Anyone of my WV brethren know any of the particulars (or even it is actually possible?)
    Thanks.

MD Shooter Envy

Nov 18, 2018
    Towson
    There is no such thing as a non-resident Maryland W&C Permit.
    Meet these requirements, take your class/training, apply, and voila, a permit arrives. Many threads on here about timelines and such.
    Good Luck!

308Scout

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 27, 2020
    Washington County
    I may have missed it, but I couldn't seem to find any thread that talks about WV residents' ability to obtain a MD non-resident concealed carry permit. I heard it is possible to obtain one but I couldn't find any reference to it on the MDMSP website. I believe it requires that the WV applicant have a valid WV CCW permit, which I do, but it's odd that somehow I've missed any discussion on the subject. Anyone of my WV brethren know any of the particulars (or even it is actually possible?)
    Thanks.
    It is the same application process and requirements for MD non-residents as it is for residents. There is no separate NR permit in MD. Everyone gets the same W&C permit. You don't need a home state permit to get a MD permit as a non-resident.

MSI has great information on the application process.

Last edited:

dontpanic

Ultimate Member
    Jul 7, 2013
    Timonium
    Are certified firearms instructors exempt from the training component?
    If you are registered with the State Police.

If you gave had the NRA Instructor course in the last 2 years you can use that as training for your DC w&c permit. You just need to ask for the training exemption

5pins

Mar 23, 2014
    Charles Town WV
    I'm a WV resident and got my MD W&C permit in August. You don't need a WV permit. MD doesn't distinguish between resident or non-resident, it's the same process.

sbmike

Ultimate Member
    Feb 19, 2011
    Almost Heaven, WV
    Thanks for the info. I try to avoid returning to MD for any reason whatsoever. Going through the expense and hoops to be graciously granted permission to legally carry in MD is just not worth it to me for the few times I enter the gulag. Everyone else's mileage may vary. :)

Jimgoespewpew

Ultimate Member
    Mar 6, 2021
    Terlingua
    Thanks for the info. I try to avoid returning to MD for any reason whatsoever. Going through the expense and hoops to be graciously granted permission to legally carry in MD is just not worth it to me for the few times I enter the gulag. Everyone else's mileage may vary. :)
    Berkeley springs trading post teaches the Maryland class

cmartin

Jun 11, 2009
    All the info above is correct. I’m back in Md. often so totally worth it for me. 1 set of rules apply to any applicant.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Kdaily1127

Latest threads

Top Bottom