• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    Seems like sometime today, all of my emails coming from MDS through my Hotmail account is getting redirected to my junk email folder.

I am subscribed to threads through my Hotmail account because of Comcast's issues with this forum. This has been working fine for more than a year.

In the past:
    Subscribed threads are sent to my Hotmail account, then they are forwarded to my Comcast email account.

Starting Sometime Today:
    Subscribed threads are sent to my Hotmail account, then they are forwarded to my Comcast email account BUT they are being directed to my junk mail account. Each message looks like this-[Norton AntiSpam]Reply to thread 'Blackbart suing eBay?' 12:05 PM 12 KB

I've looked at both the Outlook and Norton settings and do not see why this is occurring.

Anyone have an idea?

Thanks!

Skins_Brew

loves the smell of cosmo
    Mar 4, 2009
    moйтgomeяу сoцйту
    Seems like sometime today, all of my emails coming from MDS through my Hotmail account is getting redirected to my junk email folder.

I am subscribed to threads through my Hotmail account because of Comcast's issues with this forum. This has been working fine for more than a year.

In the past:
    Subscribed threads are sent to my Hotmail account, then they are forwarded to my Comcast email account.

Starting Sometime Today:
    Subscribed threads are sent to my Hotmail account, then they are forwarded to my Comcast email account BUT they are being directed to my junk mail account. Each message looks like this-[Norton AntiSpam]Reply to thread 'Blackbart suing eBay?' 12:05 PM 12 KB

I've looked at both the Outlook and Norton settings and do not see why this is occurring.

Anyone have an idea?

Thanks!

So, you are accessing comcast via outlook on your machine? I would say the problem is with Norton. They might have upgraded the definitions or whatever to start triggering whatever keywords are in the MDS email.

I wish I could provide more help, but I am not a pro on anything norton. I disable that crap as soon as possible. Somewhere, and I have no idea where, there should be a setting to setup some kind of white list email addresses. I imagine Norton has some kind of hook into Outlook, and that is why the subjects are being changed the way they are.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    So, you are accessing comcast via outlook on your machine? I would say the problem is with Norton. They might have upgraded the definitions or whatever to start triggering whatever keywords are in the MDS email.

I wish I could provide more help, but I am not a pro on anything norton. I disable that crap as soon as possible. Somewhere, and I have no idea where, there should be a setting to setup some kind of white list email addresses. I imagine Norton has some kind of hook into Outlook, and that is why the subjects are being changed the way they are.

I turned off Norton Spam and I am now getting the notifications. Strange thing, I have Norton set up to use the Outlook addresses.

I'll figure it out I guess, may take a day or so.

Thanks!!!

cpc1027

Jun 25, 2010
    Sparks
    You have angered the almighty Norton! He has spared you the ban hammer, but you must now spend your days in purgatory - doomed to constantly refresh your threads to see if they have new replies.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    Norton and I don't see too many things on an eye to eye basis. But that's only because he's 7 ft 276 inches tall. Not many people can stare him straight in the eyes. :lol2:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    guitarsit

Latest threads

Top Bottom