• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jpo183

Ultimate Member
    Mar 20, 2013
    in Maryland
    Sent an email to my commissioners this afternoon.

Dear Frederick County Commissioners,

I urge you today to pass nullification and non-compliance with the new SB 281 law coming out of Maryland this week.

Commissioner Rothschild, a Carroll County Delegate, who has developed a plan regarding non-compliance with SB281, the so called Firearms Safety Act of 2013, is leading a nullification and non compliance introduction based on previous laws nullified by local jurisdictions.

Due to this bill passing out of the MD houses this week, firearms owners like myself are very angry and very scared at the same time. We are angry because our voices are being ignored in Annapolis, but we are scared because we are at risk of being criminalized if we continue to operate as we did before this bill becomes law. We risk losing more than our firearms if we do not comply with the state, but we refuse to allow the state to bully and criminalizing us when we have done nothing wrong.

We urge you to take a non-compliance stance on this Act when it is signed by the Governor in the coming weeks. Without your support, it will be too risky to continue to live in Maryland.

Sheriff Jenkins came to Annapolis to oppose this bill along with the Sheriff's Association.

Should we face the changes made by this Act many people and businesses owners like myself will start looking to leave the State.

I would rather have state taxes taken out of our paychecks in support of a state government that does not threaten our rights, rather than continuing to fill the coffers in Annapolis.

Again, I urge you to take a non-compliance stance on this Act. We need your support.

Thank You
    Sincerely

Got a response from one of the commissioners (Blaine Young)

Jonathan,

I have no problem with this but I do want to point out that we have no role in enforce of this issue. We can not speak for Sheriff Jenkins but I know he strongly opposed the bill.

Blaine

I am referring him to Comm Rothschild and also asked for clarification on his email.

AngloSaxon

Jan 31, 2013
    Somerset County
    Looks like you boys out there in Fredrick got a delegate you need to talk to. The 1 vote would not have made any difference but it sticks out like a sore thumb

montoya32

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jun 16, 2010
    Harford Co
    How successful would this be? FFLs still report to the state, so they would still have to follow the new legislation and use the licensing process and not be able to sell AR-15s. Right?

trailman

Nov 15, 2011
    Frederick
    From a source, Clagget wants to replace himself with one of his staff if elected mayor. He can be vulnerable on other issues too he was on budget for years voted for tax increases. Prob is even the sportsmans council here endorsed him, that shows you how f'ed up Ben Kelkye is...

Key here is to get the gun clubs to band together and that is hard because most are dumb ass rednecks and I say that as someone who has advocated or them. He'll the farm bureau up here was against Sunday hunting until a few years ago. Took a long time to change that tune.

We need the state RNC to quit playing pansy and help to coordinate us to go after Clagget and young but personally I think they are terrified of retaliation by the state majority

I'm in Clagget and Hogans district which includes a lot of blue, but there are blue gun owners and many that ar pissed about the gas tax.

trailman

Nov 15, 2011
    Frederick
    And FWIW Blaine's answer is not surprising he talks crap on his show but just try and get the governor wanna be to make a stand and he won't. I'll be if he really runs his father will make ads against him, no morals in that family.

Merlin

Ultimate Member
    Dec 31, 2009
    Carroll County, Maryland
    Sent an email to my commissioners this afternoon.

Dear Frederick County Commissioners,

I urge you today to pass nullification and non-compliance with the new SB 281 law coming out of Maryland this week.

Commissioner Rothschild, a Carroll County Delegate, who has developed a plan regarding non-compliance with SB281, the so called Firearms Safety Act of 2013, is leading a nullification and non compliance introduction based on previous laws nullified by local jurisdictions.

Due to this bill passing out of the MD houses this week, firearms owners like myself are very angry and very scared at the same time. We are angry because our voices are being ignored in Annapolis, but we are scared because we are at risk of being criminalized if we continue to operate as we did before this bill becomes law. We risk losing more than our firearms if we do not comply with the state, but we refuse to allow the state to bully and criminalizing us when we have done nothing wrong.

We urge you to take a non-compliance stance on this Act when it is signed by the Governor in the coming weeks. Without your support, it will be too risky to continue to live in Maryland.

Sheriff Jenkins came to Annapolis to oppose this bill along with the Sheriff's Association.

Should we face the changes made by this Act many people and businesses owners like myself will start looking to leave the State.

I would rather have state taxes taken out of our paychecks in support of a state government that does not threaten our rights, rather than continuing to fill the coffers in Annapolis.

Again, I urge you to take a non-compliance stance on this Act. We need your support.

Thank You
    Sincerely

Got a response from one of the commissioners (Blaine Young)

Jonathan,

I have no problem with this but I do want to point out that we have no role in enforce of this issue. We can not speak for Sheriff Jenkins but I know he strongly opposed the bill.

Blaine

I am referring him to Comm Rothschild and also asked for clarification on his email.

I'm not sure I understand. How would Carroll County stand? All of the Carroll County representatives vote NO to this bill.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom