• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jmiller320

Ultimate Member
    Aug 7, 2008
    Havre de Grace

I went to this show a couple months ago and it was a very good show with a lot of vendors.​

Oaks is this weekend! We have over 1800 vendor tables and all 3 halls ready to bring you the best Gun Show on the East Coast!
    Are YOU ready!?
    Oaks, PA
    February 9th - 11th
    Friday: 1-7
    Saturday: 9-5
    Sunday: 9-4​

Come join us at the gun show!
    You can get your tickets online or at the door.

SavageShooter

Jan 10, 2014
    Arbutus, MD
    Eagle Shows is the promoter. Used to be called Eagle Arms Gun Shows. This is the same promoter that had the disappointing gun show at Gettysburg last weekend. I'm sure this one at Oaks will be OK though. It usually is. Gettysburg was supposed to be a 500 table show which it wasn't. On the Eagle site Oaks is advertised as a 1500 table show.

Last edited:

dist1646

Ultimate Member
    May 1, 2012
    Eldersburg
    Eagle Shows is the promoter. Used to be called Eagle Arms Gun Shows. This is the same promoter that had the disappointing gun show at Gettysburg last weekend. I'm sure this one at Oaks will be OK though. It usually is. Gettysburg was supposed to be a 500 table show which it wasn't. On the Eagle site it is advertised as a 1500 table show.
    Multiple shows going on at the same time as the Gettysburg show means that vendors have to choose which is best for them. Not surprising that some of the shows were not filled with vendors given those circumstances.
    Chantilly, Howard County, Gettysburg.

SavageShooter

Jan 10, 2014
    Arbutus, MD
    That is true dist1646. Not so good planning of a show for Gettysburg. Gburg used to have the shows 3 times a year about the 3rd wk in Jan. One in end of March and then again in late Sept. It was a good 500 table show before 2020. After 2020 not as good. Like one of my previous posts I personally know four gun store owners who have stopped doing shows there because it is not what it was at that location. They do the Oaks show though.

Mondial

Colt .45
    Nov 29, 2018
    Columbia
    Eagle Shows is the promoter. Used to be called Eagle Arms Gun Shows. This is the same promoter that had the disappointing gun show at Gettysburg last weekend. I'm sure this one at Oaks will be OK though. It usually is. Gettysburg was supposed to be a 500 table show which it wasn't. On the Eagle site it is advertised as a 1500 table show.
    It sounds like the same advertising execs that describe the capacity of gun safes are promoting these shows. Usually one third of what they tell you will fit/be there:-)

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013
    Gettysburg show should never be a disappointment, if only because before or afterwards you can spend an entire day exploring the battlefield and its history, even if you've been there before.

Take your kids, and share the history.

It's sacred ground and there's always something new.

President and former General Dwight D. "Ike" Eisenhower, Supreme Allied Commander during WWII bought a farm next door, entertained Kruschev while walking the battlefield and negotiating world peace, and retired there.

Today, one of the most significant, least recognized places in U.S. history.

Aamdskeetshooter

Ultimate Member
    Dec 19, 2013
    Moco
    That ain't nothing. Try 8hr one way to Louisville for the Show of Shows & National Gun Day shows (well worth the trip)
    You're not driving 8 hours attending the event and then driving back are you? I've talked to people that say Oaks is big enough to get a hotel and attend it two days. I'm not sure the wife would go for that. lol.

Dan44

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    May 5, 2008
    No,we make a three day trip out of it. There are two different shows to see at the same venue

SavageShooter

Jan 10, 2014
    Arbutus, MD
    Hey Jim12, you don't have tell me all of that. I've been to plenty historic things there. Been to the battle fields etc. Private museums also. I'm talking about a gun show that is not as good as it was and it isn't. After the show we did go to Lincoln Diner and went to three other gun stores that day and did make a day of it and have a good time. Went back to my buddies place who lives on 10.5 acres between Red Lion and Brogue and shot guns on his land. We have our own private range there!

Last edited:

jmiller320

Ultimate Member
    Aug 7, 2008
    Havre de Grace
    For all you history lovers, remember going to see the Gettysburg Electric Map? The Electric Map recently came out of retirement and has been acquired by Hanover, Pennsylvania businessman and entrepreneur Scott Roland, who restored it using modern wiring and LED lights. The map is now on display at the Hanover Heritage Center, where you can enjoy it at the price of $8 for adults and $4 for children/students. Roland hopes to use it to highlight Hanover’s local history and its connection to the larger Gettysburg Campaign. The Electric Map is open from Thursdays, Fridays and Saturdays beginning June 3, with additional hours and days during peak season and for special tours and events. Email HanoverHeritage@gmail.com to arrange a group showing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom