• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Howard

Jan 11, 2014
    Years ago when I was purchasing an Octane 45, I saw a video that using a 9mm end cap made it work better with 9mm.
    Unfortnately, SilencerCO had stopped selling the 9mm end caps.

Fast-forward to now, and I see on Silencer Co website they sell end caps for many of their supressors, but not for the Octane - probably because they don't manufacture the Octane anymore.

Why the reversal ? Who knows ? Maybe another government reversal ?

So, I happened to notice that Griffin sells a flash-hider end cap which fits Griffin suppressors, and also the Octane.
    And of course I purchased it.

What I notice is the last baffle of the Octane fits into the Octane's end cap, but will not fit into the Griffin end cap.
    I can see that a machinist can easily fix the Griffin end cap to accept the last baffle.
    But that's way beyond my skills.

So, I have two solutions:
    1. Leave out the last baffle, or
    2. Not screw in the Griffin end cap all the way - leaving about 1/3 inch of threads exposed. And not tighten it too much.

What do you think ?

camo556

Ultimate Member
    Aug 29, 2021
    According to the internetz, Silencerco stopped selling the 9mm for the Octane 45 because of end cap strikes.

Also according to the internetz, the claim was that the 9mm end cap would lower the sound 1.4 decibels.

1.4 db is not a noticeable difference (typically 3 db is to the human ear). Its not worth an end cap or baffle strike. if you end up with a baffle strike, using the wrong end cap could (probably does) void your warranty.

As for 1 or 2, either is an excellent recipe for a baffle and/or end cap strike.

I would go with option none-of-the-above and enjoy 9mm through your octane 45 with the correct end cap.

Howard

Jan 11, 2014
    Darn.
    Too bad SilencerCo did not mention end cap strikes when I emailed them asking if they sell the 9mm end cap.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    According to the internetz, Silencerco stopped selling the 9mm for the Octane 45 because of end cap strikes.

Also according to the internetz, the claim was that the 9mm end cap would lower the sound 1.4 decibels.

1.4 db is not a noticeable difference (typically 3 db is to the human ear). Its not worth an end cap or baffle strike. if you end up with a baffle strike, using the wrong end cap could (probably does) void your warranty.

As for 1 or 2, either is an excellent recipe for a baffle and/or end cap strike.

I would go with option none-of-the-above and enjoy 9mm through your octane 45 with the correct end cap.
    This is why I don’t own a 22 end cap for my .30 can. Too much chance I’ll forget at some point and the juice is minimal. It’s there for sure. But it isn’t enough to chance a strike.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom