Thurmont IDPA Sat Oct 17
    https://practiscore.com/thurmont-sat-oct-17-idpa-match/register

Gravitas / North Mtn uspsa-style steel match Sat Oct 31/Nov 1
    http://matchsignup.org/match/default.php?matchid=429

jimbobborg

Oddball caliber fan
    Aug 2, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    Thanks for the reminder, I just signed up for Quantico SC.

BTW, from the Quantico Shooting Club:

I talked with the Provost Marshall Assist on Thursday the 8th of October. During the discussion a couple of things were cleared up. Please see below.

1. If you are DoD and have a CAC card you do not have to be vetted. If dependent only comes with you then they will not need to be vetted. If your dependent wishes to come on the range WITHOUT you they will need to be vetted.

2. If your dependent has a Dependent ID that gets them on Base they do not need to be vetted. If they do not have an ID then they need to be vetted.

3. In regards to matches. If you are NOT a member and shoot matches at the club you DO have to be vetted however you only have to do this ONCE a year. NOT for every match so please send me the paperwork and put a note stating that you are a match shooter and not a member. This will put you on a separate list. Please also put in the note which matches you THINK you will shoot. If you do not come it doesn't matter.

Walton Feep

Sep 29, 2012
    Thanks for the reminder, I just signed up for Quantico SC.

BTW, from the Quantico Shooting Club:

I talked with the Provost Marshall Assist on Thursday the 8th of October. During the discussion a couple of things were cleared up. Please see below.

1. If you are DoD and have a CAC card you do not have to be vetted. If dependent only comes with you then they will not need to be vetted. If your dependent wishes to come on the range WITHOUT you they will need to be vetted.

2. If your dependent has a Dependent ID that gets them on Base they do not need to be vetted. If they do not have an ID then they need to be vetted.

3. In regards to matches. If you are NOT a member and shoot matches at the club you DO have to be vetted however you only have to do this ONCE a year. NOT for every match so please send me the paperwork and put a note stating that you are a match shooter and not a member. This will put you on a separate list. Please also put in the note which matches you THINK you will shoot. If you do not come it doesn't matter.

As I understand it, for the match this Saturday we are OK. We have to be vetted before the November match though. Correct?

jimbobborg

Oddball caliber fan
    Aug 2, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    Check that. I talked to the guys running the match. If you have a CAC, you are vetted. No need to fill out forms and what not. If anyone is in need of the form, PM me your email address and I'll send it to you with information you'll need. And this month's Steel Challenge is only 6 stages, they're short-handed so they can't run the full set of stages. And I'll be there setting up Saturday morning.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    loops12

Latest threads

Top Bottom