• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hillbilly grandpa

Jan 26, 2013
    Arnold
    The Demanding Moms are publicizing an upcoming event: Anne Arundel Listening & Learning Tour with the new school superintendent. Monday Nov. 28th at 6:00 PM at Annapolis High School. They're encouraging volunteers to show up, red shirts and all. They will obviously have an "agenda."

Wouldn't it make for an interesting couple of hours if parents, grandparents, other public-minded individuals showed up to speak out on our various "agendas?" In light of the increase in number of citizens permitted to carry firearms, we might advocate for a Firearm Safety Pilot Project in the schools. Maybe a pilot involving a school in north county, one in the central county, and one in south county. You know, to better educate the children. There might be other proposals.

We could organize this off line with conference calls and/or zoom calls. Then show up and encourage the super to listen and learn. It would be a fun evening. Momentum toward 2024 begins now.

Thoughts?

md_rick_o

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 30, 2008
    Severn Md.
    1669072570310.png

Threeband

The M1 Does My Talking
    Dec 30, 2006
    Carroll County

"...The Redshirts were very popular and influenced many armies worldwide. For example, during the American Civil War, the Union's Garibaldi Guard and its Confederate counterpart, the Garibaldi Legion, wore red shirts as a part of their uniforms."

Last edited:

hillbilly grandpa

Jan 26, 2013
    Arnold
    I kind of hoped there would be some energy around articulating some values regarding the county's public schools and the values they teach, but apparently that's not the case. I'm a firm believer that people "vote with their feet." I'm a little disappointed but I'll be on the lookout for points where members of the community want to take action in the future.

hodgepodge

Senior Member (Gold)
    Sep 3, 2009
    Arnold, MD
    grandpa - I get what you're saying. If the Mommies are going to be there, shouldn't we? In equal if not greater numbers? And with our agenda heard?

Hmm.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom