• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Lafayette

Not that kind of doctor
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 8, 2021
    Maryland
    Had a bad time at Cindy's Hot Shots. Told I couldn't shoot my rifles only handguns. Any who, do you know any outdoor gun ranges?
    Join MSI. Then join AGC. $225/year for a range badge with unlimited visits.

50 yd pistol range, 100 yd general purpose rifle range, and 200 yd rifle range. Plus trap.

Lots of events including steel shoots and other competitions. Generally good people, not that much riff-raff, and full-time RSO’s that keep things generally safe.

Totally worth it.

Baldheaded

Ultimate Member
    Jan 18, 2021
    A.A. Co.
    It might be a long drive depending where you are coming from but I like going to Delmarva Sporting Clays on the eastern shore. You can shoot all the way out to 500 yards plus a handgun range

linkstate

Ultimate Member
    Jan 26, 2013
    Howard County
    Had a bad time at Cindy's Hot Shots. Told I couldn't shoot my rifles only handguns. Any who, do you know any outdoor gun ranges?

Was this the Severn location? I saw on another thread they will eventually allow rifle. I don't know about the GB location.

Join MSI. Then join AGC. $225/year for a range badge with unlimited visits.

50 yd pistol range, 100 yd general purpose rifle range, and 200 yd rifle range. Plus trap.

Lots of events including steel shoots and other competitions. Generally good people, not that much riff-raff, and full-time RSO’s that keep things generally safe.

Totally worth it.

I second AGC. Always a good idea to join MSI. There are also lot's of other clubs to choose from that match your interests.

Saberwalk

MDS Supporter
    Aug 13, 2020
    MD
    You could also try Peacemaker, https://peacemakernational.com/ranges/, in West Virginia. It's about 90 minutes from Gaithersburg, MD. The Independence range is paper @ 100 and steel at 200 and 300. Shot the new Starlight range out to 500 this past Sunday. And, have been shooting the Frontier range out to 1,000. Frontier is open on Wednesdays, which I can't make and the first Saturday of every month for an extra $50. Target ranges are unmarked so you need a range finder and you are shooting up and down a valley for a nice mix. Plus can really let you work on your wind reads LOL. Had to deal with 15 to 20 mile an hour cross winds a couple of months ago. Folks come from all over and really friendly staff and shooters. RSO's are on top of things but not overbearing and really helpful. My membership gives me access to most of their ranges but I have only used the rifle ones for now.

PapiBarcelona

Ultimate Member
    Jan 1, 2011
    Join a private club in PA, it's worth the drive if you have to travel.

No RSO's, when you go you share the place with very few amount people (if any) and cheap.

Annual dues I pay less than $200 for Delta Peach Bottom Fish/Game and SLCFSA

Mondial

Colt .45
    Nov 29, 2018
    Columbia
    AGC is a very good choice if you are close. As stated above, join one of the ~30 clubs for ~$20-$40/year and then you purchase a range badge from AGC. You can get a 1/2 year badge for $125 as it is after July for new members. Full year rate has gone up to $250.

guzma393

Jan 15, 2020
    Severn, MD
    Im only 5 minutes from Cindy's hotshots and I still go to AGC for the same reason. I detest indoor ranges. Outdoor is the way to go.

ezracer

Certified Gun Nut
    Jul 27, 2012
    Behind enemy lines...
    There's Elk Neck Shooting range in Hazard County. $10 daily. If over 62 it's $25 a year. WOULD NOT recommend weekends.

They have:
    100 yrd.Rifle
    50 yrd. pistol
    Skeet Range (no thrower )
    Archery Range

Sundazes

Throbbing Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 13, 2006
    Arkham
    You could also try Peacemaker, https://peacemakernational.com/ranges/, in West Virginia. It's about 90 minutes from Gaithersburg, MD. The Independence range is paper @ 100 and steel at 200 and 300. Shot the new Starlight range out to 500 this past Sunday. And, have been shooting the Frontier range out to 1,000. Frontier is open on Wednesdays, which I can't make and the first Saturday of every month for an extra $50. Target ranges are unmarked so you need a range finder and you are shooting up and down a valley for a nice mix. Plus can really let you work on your wind reads LOL. Had to deal with 15 to 20 mile an hour cross winds a couple of months ago. Folks come from all over and really friendly staff and shooters. RSO's are on top of things but not overbearing and really helpful. My membership gives me access to most of their ranges but I have only used the rifle ones for now.
    This. One of our member is an instructor/RSO there. But I will let him chime in. Great guy and great place.
    Also, second AGC.

Also might help if the OP mentions his location. @GunJunkie91

Last edited:

4g64loser

Bad influence
    Jan 18, 2007
    maryland
    Peacemaker is a good option for those who don't mind the trip or the expense. $40 day fee on the independence range. Membership options go up to 480 per year depending on what ranges you want to shoot on. Not for everyone but if you shoot a lot, probably something to look at.

The private clubs in PA are popular for many good reasons, addressed above by others.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom