• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Threeband

The M1 Does My Talking
    Dec 30, 2006
    Carroll County
    After they notify you that your permit has been approved, how much time do you have to pick it up? I never know in advance when I might have a slow day at work, which would be the ideal time to make the run to America. It would be nice to have the flexibility to wait a week or two before actually having to take off work to pick up the permit.

I could have done it today, but had to settle for an afternoon at the range instead.

1000001103.jpg

JPG

Ultimate Member
    Aug 5, 2012
    Calvert County
    Which place is easier to pick up the permit?

The Courthouse - York County Judicial Center, 1st Floor 45 N. George Street, York, PA 17401. Appointment hours are 8:00am to 7:00pm, Monday to Friday.

NOTICE: Cell phones and electronic devices are prohibited in the Judicial Center.

Satellite Office
    - 2401 Pleasant Valley Rd, York PA 17402. Appointment hours are 8:00am to 4:30pm, Monday to Friday.

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    But can it wait a month? I need to take off work to pick it up. I'm sure they're closed Saturdays, nicht wahr?

See above. Pics check is good for 30 days. I would call whichever office you’re planning on picking up at and explain your situation. I highly recommend the satellite office.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GregS

Dec 10, 2018
    Street, MD
    Which place is easier to pick up the permit?
    I picked the Satellite office. They have plenty of available parking.

I picked up mine yesterday. From parking to being back in the car on the way home was about 15 minutes total. I had to wait for the guy before me to finish up.

JohnnyE

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 18, 2013
    MoCo
    I picked the Satellite office. They have plenty of available parking.

I picked up mine yesterday. From parking to being back in the car on the way home was about 15 minutes total. I had to wait for the guy before me to finish up.
    This was exactly my experience as well. The satellite office permit operation is right in the building lobby. You do have to go through a metal detector and have any packages X-rayed. For my visit it was a stress-free environment.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    But in
    Leave it in the car. You park right next to the building, Its not a populate area. You will be fine.
    Pennsylvania state law that at any Official Building that is Gun Free , they must provide lockers , or check in service , etc . So it would be your choice .

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom