• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Luddite again .

I fill out the thing , get down to uploading pics of front & back of DL and W&C .

Get the lighting right , snap clear picture . But when phone asks " Retry or Accept " , I click Accept , then the Entire Application totally Erases itself .

WTF !

What do I do ?

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    When I did mine, I had pics of my DL and MD permit already in my phone so I just uploaded those. That way I'm not using my camera and trying to accept them during the application.
    Not sure if that makes any difference or not.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    When I did mine, I had pics of my DL and MD permit already in my phone so I just uploaded those. That way I'm not using my camera and trying to accept them during the application.
    Not sure if that makes any difference or not.
    Being Luddite that I am , I usually load directly from camera , instead of trying to get correct files .

gamer_jim

Podcaster
    Feb 12, 2008
    Hanover, PA
    Luddite again .

I fill out the thing , get down to uploading pics of front & back of DL and W&C .

Get the lighting right , snap clear picture . But when phone asks " Retry or Accept " , I click Accept , then the Entire Application totally Erases itself .

WTF !

What do I do ?
    Drive to Hanover. Meet me at a local brew pub for beer. Then go to York County office for in-person picture.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Cool !

Friday , Nov 3 , Mrs Biggfoot is taking off to ride up with me , and make a day of it .

................, If I can ever get the @$!# form completed and uploaded .

LCPIWB

Needs an avatar
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 17, 2011
    Underneath the blimp, Md.
    As I understand it each county does it different.
    If you are a luddite, then Bedford County is for you. Print out app and fill it in. Or make sure you have all the details you need and fill out the application form in the lobby...I printed out and filled in.
    I think I was in and out of that office in 6minutes last year, seriously.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Wait a second , we can physically fill out and hand in again ? I though that went away with Covid ?

Wait another second ! Bedford will accept an Application printed out on dead trees , and sent by express mail ? Yee Haaa ! I take it they will presently issue to non residents then ?

Shoot ! The printing out will cost as much as the App fee , but 100 % certainty of working , without begging for help is worth it .

Phoenix_1295

Creature of Life and Fire
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 6, 2010
    MD
    When completing online forms, it is, usually, best to do them on a computer. Sometimes form fields and buttons do not show or function properly on phones. Take photos or scan your DL and HGP and transfer them to your computer. Then complete application and attach the scans/pics of your DL and HGP.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    When completing online forms, it is, usually, best to do them on a computer. Sometimes form fields and buttons do not show or function properly on phones. Take photos or scan your DL and HGP and transfer them to your computer. Then complete application and attach the scans/pics of your DL and HGP.

I was hoping to avoid the $0.57 per minute ( while scratching my head in confusion ) thing . Plus to be assured of getting done in plenty of time for fixed pick up date , would probably also require missing a shift of work .

Phoenix_1295

Creature of Life and Fire
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 6, 2010
    MD
    I was hoping to avoid the $0.57 per minute ( while scratching my head in confusion ) thing . Plus to be assured of getting done in plenty of time for fixed pick up date , would probably also require missing a shift of work .
    I didn’t know you didn’t have a computer. Libraries usually have public use computers available for free.

tdt91

I will miss you my friend
    Apr 24, 2009
    Abingdon
    Guy's, glad you mentioned the word Luddite because I have one of these at work. Now I know what to call him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom