Peacemaker National - cabelas or gander nearby?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Amf_otb

May 30, 2012
    Hey guys, I'm heading to Peacemaker tomorrow. Is their a cabelas or gander mountain nearby? Having a hard time finding anything on Google with the exception of Winchester Va. Thanks in advance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Speed3

Ultimate Member
    Aug 19, 2011
    MD
    There is a Gander Mountain in Chamersburg I think, only makes sense if your coming down RT81S to peacemaker, not sure your route to arriving though.

Amf_otb

May 30, 2012
    I'm coming from just outside the Fredrick Maryland area.

Speed3

Ultimate Member
    Aug 19, 2011
    MD
    If you go 70-81 to peacemaker, headed home you could just continue on 81N up to Chambersburg, maybe 25mins past the 70E exit?

Amf_otb

May 30, 2012
    Ok, thanks. I was looking to stop off before I go, in an attempt to find better ammo prices. I may just take 267 through Va to Winchester an come up 81 instead. I know theirs a gander and a cabelas there.. Or so I've read.

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    there's a gander in south winchester about half an hour south of peacemaker right off of I-81 - you can see it as you're driving southbound and just get off on that exit and circle back. not aware of a cabelas anywhere near peacemaker.

frankly I wouldn't count on gander for better or even good ammo prices. www.gunbot.net

as bad as walmart has gotten, I'd still hit there before gander though gander probably has better quantities and selection. there are two (if not more) in Winchester.

absolutely no reason to go east to beltway 495 and then take toll road west - that's way out of your way.

peacemaker has and sells ammo also. it won't be gunbot or walmart pricing, but I don't think it's horrible for a gunshop where they are.

Amf_otb

May 30, 2012
    there's a gander in south winchester about half an hour south of peacemaker right off of I-81 - you can see it as you're driving southbound and just get off on that exit and circle back. not aware of a cabelas anywhere near peacemaker.

frankly I wouldn't count on gander for better or even good ammo prices. www.gunbot.net

as bad as walmart has gotten, I'd still hit there before gander though gander probably has better quantities and selection. there are two (if not more) in Winchester.

absolutely no reason to go east to beltway 495 and then take toll road west - that's way out of your way.

peacemaker has and sells ammo also. it won't be gunbot or walmart pricing, but I don't think it's horrible for a gunshop where they are.

Thanks for the reply. I'm in Gaithersburg and the maps telling me 1 route is up 270 > 70> 81s or the other route is 495> 267> 81n. Only benefit to #2 is id pass Winchester hitting 81 and wouldn't have to pass peacemaker to Winchester then back to peacemaker.

I dunno what the supply is like in the area but I was at a gander a few weeks ago in wv and they had bricks of .40 for $80. Here that same brick is $100. But if you think wallmart is just as good if not better I can give it a shot. I'm just looking to maximize my dollars to noise ratio. I have a group buy for some bulk stuff I'm working on atm so I was really just looking for a few boxes for the weekend.

photoracer

Competition Shooter
    Oct 22, 2010
    West Virginia
    Likely the best place to get ammo up there is the Wal-Mart off I-81 in Hagerstown. Biggest ammo seller in the chain on the East coast pretty much every year (2 times the #1 in the entire chain). Even now the shelves are likely pretty full but you can't count on finding exactly what you want. .45, .40, and 9mm are usually possible but not always. Even have unusual stuff like .260 Rem. Lots of .223 and .308 almost all the time. Plenty of shotgun usually. Only .22LR and .22WMR are scarce as hoarders and resellers strip the shelves as soon as they arrive. However they generally get trailers twice a day so sometimes new ammo comes out around 7 PM in addition to the usual 7 AM.

There is a regular gun store near PNTC off the same exit, Valley Guns II, plus PNTC will sell ammo to members and also to non-member shooters there for competition and classes.

Amf_otb

May 30, 2012
    Thanks. Ironically, peacemaker had bricks of 500 .22lr for $50. Not bad at all honestly.

trp7

Apr 3, 2009
    Peacemaker has more than just ammo for competitions. They have a full gun shop with optics, ammo, reloading supplies, cleaning gear and more. They are trying to become an IP here soon.

Amf_otb

May 30, 2012
    Yea I was actually really impressed with the selection, the friendliness of the staff and the prices actually. They had bricks of .22 for $50 which is pretty competitive when you can actually find it in stock. Thinking about becoming a member at this point for 3 gun and idpa

parttimer

Ultimate Member
    Oct 10, 2013
    Calvert
    If you are going to try the walmart in Hagerstown you should also check the walmart in spring mills wv. I have heard they are usually stocked up on 22. It it the 1st or 2nd exit in wv south of Hagerstown on 81.
    Good luck

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom