️‍
    I can hear them!
    They are right over the hill out my back door

051604bbdf589f210143cebb05c9dabe7aeaa9-wm.jpg

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    they do long range matches once a month at their other range down the road, 1200 yards, membership not needed just pay the match fee and great way to get dope for your gun and of course have fun.

DanGuy48

Ultimate Member
    You just can't shoot our steel targets with anything larger than and including .338 lapua, on the public range.

I seem to be getting conflicting information just chatting with people. So does that mean I could punch paper at 1,000 yards, or would it only be permitted on shorter distance ranges? I've been told by someone else the reason they won't allow it is because of the expensive down-range monitoring equipment on the 1,000 yd range and fear of damaging it, so I assumed the 1,000 yd range was off limits, period, for my rifle.

ten75ice

Career Fire Fighter
    Mar 12, 2011
    Falling Waters, WV
    Yes, you are receiving very conflicting information. ANY caliber with the exception of .50bmg is permitted at 1000yds,600yds, and offsite unknown long distance range. That being said, you must be a member to shoot at the electronic Kongsberg targets(1000 & 600yds) With exceptions for classes and matches. Please feel free to call us, and get it from the ole horses mouth anytime. 304-229-GUNS

Tactics

Ultimate Member
    Jan 15, 2010
    Happy to be Here
    Just throwing this out there.. I love this range. It's a little bit of a hike for me, but I would be happy to take any member of MDS as a guest if they want to check it out. I plan on spending a day this weekend in the bays training for the PSA shoot out next weekend.

Shout out to Davsco for helping me get my membership started a few years back :)

DanGuy48

Ultimate Member
    Yes, you are receiving very conflicting information. ANY caliber with the exception of .50bmg is permitted at 1000yds,600yds, and offsite unknown long distance range. That being said, you must be a member to shoot at the electronic Kongsberg targets(1000 & 600yds) With exceptions for classes and matches. Please feel free to call us, and get it from the ole horses mouth anytime. 304-229-GUNS

Thank you. I will do that.

ten75ice

Career Fire Fighter
    Mar 12, 2011
    Falling Waters, WV
    Just throwing this out there.. I love this range. It's a little bit of a hike for me, but I would be happy to take any member of MDS as a guest if they want to check it out. I plan on spending a day this weekend in the bays training for the PSA shoot out next weekend.

Shout out to Davsco for helping me get my membership started a few years back :)

I hope you waited till today, there wasn't a single bay available yesterday.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom