• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tungsten

Ultimate Member
    Jan 1, 2012
    Elkridge, Leftistan
    Thanks. Now that you mentioned it, the latch did mess me up before I realized what it was doing. I have a dremel so I may go for it next time I take it apart.
    I tried that. My modified part seemed perfect but it still hung up in the rifle. The part is usually $20. I'd advise you to just buy the part and eliminate a lot of cussing in your future. Lol it was so aggravating comparing my modified part to an aftermarket one, seeing no difference, and still mine wouldn't work.

calicojack

American Sporting Rifle
    MDS Supporter
    May 29, 2018
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    The last thing I'd want is to make it even more shittier! Thanks again!
    I replaced the original birch stock on my 10/22 and I tried a couple of synthetic stocks. Never was happy with them and regretted changing out and giving away the original stock. I did settle on a Boyds rimfire hunter in pepper laminate and that one I really, really like. Fits like a glove. But the original birch stock is really nice (IMHO) and would not blame you at all for keeping it. If I ever get another 10/22 carbine I am keeping the original wood stock.

slsc98

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    May 24, 2012
    Escaped MD-stan to WNC Smokies
    …and a good barrel.

Dang. That reminds me;

50% off E. R. Shaw threaded barrels, while they last (mine arrived last week and they still show em in stock):

Heavy contour, premium-grade “Bentz” chambered .22 LR barrel provides an immediate improvement in accuracy over your original factory barrel. Close-tolerance Bentz chamber combines the accuracy of a match grade chamber with the reliable cycling of a standard factory chamber. Extra-heavy, untapered .920" O.D. provides maximum stability for greater shot-to-shot consistency. Use with standard or match grade ammunition; not for use with CCI Stinger ammunition.

If anyone is looking for a good host at the lowest price, new, that I’m aware of - I can 100% vouch for this vendor - the Ruger 22LR 8” Charger I ordered from them Wednesday ($326 all in) is being delivered to my FFL as I type this - (the folding brace arrives for it Monday from BattleHawk Armory - an 80 yo grandma showed up with hers at Weds Steel Challenge and I snapped, “Gotta have one of those!

$270 - NO TAX! :rockon:

Ruger 10/22 Carbine, Semi-automatic Rifle, 22 LR, 18.5 Barrel, Satin Black Finish, Alloy Steel, Hardwood Stock, Adjustable Rear and Gold Bead Front Sight, 10 Rounds, 1 Magazine 01103

Attachments

• IMG_5741.png
      IMG_5741.png
      274.8 KB · Views: 16
    • IMG_5742.png
      IMG_5742.png
      343.2 KB · Views: 15
    • IMG_9629.jpeg
      IMG_9629.jpeg
      473.9 KB · Views: 15
    • IMG_9625.jpeg
      IMG_9625.jpeg
      593.1 KB · Views: 15
    Last edited:

RFBfromDE

W&C MD, UT, PA
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 21, 2022
    The Land of Pleasant Living
    I replaced the original birch stock on my 10/22 and I tried a couple of synthetic stocks. Never was happy with them and regretted changing out and giving away the original stock. I did settle on a Boyds rimfire hunter in pepper laminate and that one I really, really like. Fits like a glove. But the original birch stock is really nice (IMHO) and would not blame you at all for keeping it. If I ever get another 10/22 carbine I am keeping the original wood stock.
    Agreed.

I considered changing it out for a wood M1 Carbine stock but the one it has is close enough.

If I went to new internals/trigger/barrel/synthetic/stock I’d get a second.

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    Have you change any of the internals? I was real happy with the BX trigger from Ruger for $70 or so. I'm sure there are others which are lighter but suits my needs well.
    Big improvement, wtf isn't it standard is what I'd like to know.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom