• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Lennyo3034

Feb 28, 2011
    I'm wondering if it's possible to shoot at range anywhere in Hardy county? I know many people shoot in the national forest, but I'm looking to shoot longer range (300+). If there are ranges or cleared areas in neighboring counties, I'd be interested as well.

photoracer

Competition Shooter
    Oct 22, 2010
    West Virginia
    I'm wondering if it's possible to shoot at range anywhere in Hardy county? I know many people shoot in the national forest, but I'm looking to shoot longer range (300+). If there are ranges or cleared areas in neighboring counties, I'd be interested as well.
    I'm so new to WV I don't even know where Hardy County is.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    I had to google for the name , since it's been several years since I drove past their sign.

Hardy County Rod& Gun Club is located a cpl miles S/ SE of Moorefield. Unknown what facilities , and presumably the usual private membership situation.

I would imagine most Hardy Countians simply shoot on private property (theirs , or friends) .

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Ok , I looked up some more on them.

Founded 1944 , NRA affiliated, acive in WV Muzzle Loader Ass'n. ( No inlines or scopes) .

Seem to have fallen behind on their non-profit paperwork with IRS.

I found contact info for the club ofc's , but I'll only post the general Club number. (304) 289-3074 .

But going from suppositiona , and instinct , I'd predict this is an old school gun club, with traditional activities rather than tacticool running and gunning. But they have ML natches open to the public on 7/26 and 9/2 if anyone wants to visit.

Lennyo3034

Feb 28, 2011
    Thanks for the info. It's worth looking into, although ML is not exactly my cup of tea. You're right about shooting on property, everyone I know that shoots does that, however don't have a shot going further than 100 yards.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom