• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • aquaman

Ultimate Member
    Sep 21, 2008
    Belcamp, MD
    The other day I posted a question about Chinese bayonets in preparation for restoring a mak-90 to its correct pre- 89 configuration. Well I missed out on the Mak. The seller whom I know personally felt bad about it and told me he had something that he would sell me but "it aint gonna be 500".

I was completely taken off guard when he said a Polytech Legend. I have always wanted one of these, what many consider to be the holy grail of AK's. Considering these only came into the US from March of 1988 until Bush the elder suspended imports in the spring of '89 (and finally the complete ban that May) Im very lucky. I read only 2500 came into the US, maybe someone here has concrete info on that. Anyway here are some pictures of it. Now I have to go sell a few other toys to fill the deficit this created :)

Attachments

• small900.JPG
      small900.JPG
      71.1 KB · Views: 251
    • small924.JPG
      small924.JPG
      69.2 KB · Views: 249
    • small931.JPG
      small931.JPG
      51.8 KB · Views: 274
    • smalllastpic907.JPG
      smalllastpic907.JPG
      64.4 KB · Views: 241

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    Pure beauty, not you need the bayo or since it's a under folder get the spiked bayo.

h2u

Village Idiot
    Jul 8, 2007
    South County
    SWEET! I believe the Legends are milled receivers. I've always wanted a double underfolder-which I believe are stamped receivers.
    Congrats on a VERY nice and difficult to find AK!!

rj1974

Ultimate Member
    Jan 31, 2011
    Edgemere , md.
    Awesome find .CONGRATS .

Ive got the non folder Polytech .

Attachments

• poly2.JPG
      poly2.JPG
      56.8 KB · Views: 228
    • poly1.JPG
      poly1.JPG
      50 KB · Views: 220

Dan44

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    May 5, 2008
    I have a full stocked one, and so do four of my friends. There had to be a whole lot more then 2500 imported. There are plenty out there. But they are nice. I knew a guy that had a dewat AK from Vietnam and it looked just like my Legend.

aquaman

Ultimate Member
    Sep 21, 2008
    Belcamp, MD
    I have a full stocked one, and so do four of my friends. There had to be a whole lot more then 2500 imported. There are plenty out there. But they are nice. I knew a guy that had a dewat AK from Vietnam and it looked just like my Legend.

2500 underfolders from what I read. I might contact Keng's who is still in business and ask them

rob-cubed

In need of moderation
    Sep 24, 2009
    Holding the line in Baltimore
    Nice score!

There isn't a lot of rhyme or reason to what is "correct" on Chinese rifles, they used both standard milled bayos and the spiked underfolders. Look around for a Polish milled bayo or similar which will be much cheaper than original Chinese and pretty much interchangeable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    bapple

Latest threads

Top Bottom