• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • boisepaw

boisepaw
    Jan 5, 2015
    Eastern shore, MD
    Are there any clubs around where the members have access to steel targets to practice shooting…steel plates or poppers or…. The types of targets used either for steel challenge or perhaps IDPA shooting.

KiloTango

Mar 11, 2021
    The monthly Falling Steel events at the AGC range in Marriottsville, MD are a lot of fun and are open to the public if you are in the area. Good way to get some trigger time on steel.

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    In the meantime, pickup an airsoft gun and set up some targets in your backyard. Most of competitive target shooting is all about your eyes, basic gun manipulations, and timing shots. I set some steel dog bowls up on my fence in different places and then work to shoot them all down in between matches. My airsoft gun is a replica of the m&p I use for competition. As with competition, sometimes the bowls fall with the first shot and sometimes they need to be drilled a couple times. It trains you to follow-through on a target before moving your eyes, and THEN the gun, to the next target. It won't help much for recoil management, but you can isolate that skill elsewhere with other drills. It's great for working on things like weak-hand shooting and movement while shooting.

For ranges, check out delmarva sporting clays. They've got a handgun range with steel targets. They've got a traditional rack, silhouette, and dueling tree there.

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    probably kinda far, but My local range is good to practice for stuff, probably twice the steel on the handgun range since this pic was taken. Windsor fish and game in York county, PA, private range, but should be accepting new members soon, ends up $50 a year for dues ($25 for spouse, kids are free) + whatever the initiation is now.

Otherwise just sign up for steel shoots, want more practice? sign up for more.

View attachment 337557

Attachments

• 239095990_10221166256447241_8378478542597013368_n.jpg
      239095990_10221166256447241_8378478542597013368_n.jpg
      122 KB · Views: 227

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Lots of Clubs have Matches and Events using steel targets . Typically the Club's targets are set up specifically for the event , and taken down afterwards . Typically the Club owned targets are to be used only for Club's official events .

Specific clubs may or may not permit members to set up their own steel targets , consult the Club in question for their rules and policies .

Jimgoespewpew

Ultimate Member
    Mar 6, 2021
    Terlingua
    probably kinda far, but My local range is good to practice for stuff, probably twice the steel on the handgun range since this pic was taken. Windsor fish and game in York county, PA, private range, but should be accepting new members soon, ends up $50 a year for dues ($25 for spouse, kids are free) + whatever the initiation is now.

Otherwise just sign up for steel shoots, want more practice? sign up for more.

View attachment 337557

That is PERFECT. I need to join!

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    a buddy brought over the spinner, search for airsoft steel challenge and you prob can find that and similar. i made the plates using electrical boxes and cutting up some sheet metal, screwed on some hinges. def wear eyepro, those pellets go everywhere!

Attachments

• steel challenge plate.jpg
      steel challenge plate.jpg
      86.4 KB · Views: 102

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Kdaily1127

Latest threads

Top Bottom