• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Conundrum

Oct 19, 2007
    WV
    A coworker of mine is cleaning out some things at their house and told me they have an old Steyr Aug that was their father's. They are pretty sure it is a pre-ban. If it is a pre-ban, thoughts on its value?
    received_3302788966701978.jpg
    received_751359213108646.jpg
    received_122907337412854.jpg
    received_1048760669518799.jpg
    received_747508480255132.jpg

gungate

NRA Patron Member
    Apr 5, 2012
    Damascus. MD
    I don't think "Pre-ban" will add any value at all to it. And keep in mind it cannot be sold in MD if not currently compliant.

Boss94

Ultimate Member
    Feb 15, 2013
    I'd say 2k . if he wants to sell it. I'm a VA guy and would be interested .

ken792

Ultimate Member
    Sep 2, 2011
    Fairfax, VA
    That LMG HBAR version is less common than the regular rifles.

I don't think "Pre-ban" will add any value at all to it. And keep in mind it cannot be sold in MD if not currently compliant.
    Pre-89 import guns carry a premium because they are 100% foreign with all evil features predating 922r.

Pre-94 guns, even imports, still carry a premium to MA buyers since they’re exempt from their state AWB.

Last edited:

Boss94

Ultimate Member
    Feb 15, 2013
    the only difference I will point out is that the sample you provided at auction is the same rifle. it does have the black stocks which were very rare during that pre ban guns. so they do command a premium over the green 1s.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    LMG HBAR is definitely more rare.

At this point, I don't know that pre-ban matters anywhere anymore. MA or CT, maybe? Definitely not NY or CA.

Combloc

Stop Negassing me!!!!!
    Nov 10, 2010
    In a House
    With the ZF84 optic and quick detach mounts, that's easily a 4K rifle. Perhaps considerably more to the proper collector. That rifle with that optic setup is a grail gun to many.

Combloc

Stop Negassing me!!!!!
    Nov 10, 2010
    In a House
    lol. Yes, I think your 1K offer is off the table. I know you're joking so please know the following is not directed at you.

I feel bad for people when they don't know what they have and get taken advantage of. I've seen it happen many times in this hobby. I'd be a lot wealthier if I had less Integrity.

MattFinals718

Nov 23, 2022
    Arlington, VA
    Nothing useful to add but this is absolutely beautiful

I share the sentiments. Quite a find! One of my best friends is an FFL and auctioneer in VA Beach, and he sees stuff like that come through his shop on a regular basis.

I always wanted to own a 20" AUG A1, but alas, now that I'm an MD resident, it won't be possible (until FSA 2013 ends). Don't think I'd get the A3, either.

Meditator

Dec 9, 2007
    Bethesda MD
    This is off the topic, just wondering since Engage Armament is able to bring in AUG NATO A3m1 to Maryland (there's a thread in 2A section). Can NATO stock be added to make regular 20" barrel AUG A1 be legal for MD? Anyone know?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom