• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Longhorse

MSI Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 8, 2021
    As many are already aware, DC no longer prints physical CCPL or registration cards, but rather sends you a PDF in the email that you can print on your own.

Does anyone know of a reputable place (either brick and mortar or online) to get the cards printed on actual plastic cards? Has anyone done this? I know you can just print them on paper and laminate them, but it would be nice to have an actual professional looking card. Especially if in another state that recognizes DC's CCPL, it would be nice to have a physical plastic card that looks like most other states' licenses, rather than trying to explain to someone who lives far away from DC and isn't familiar with the process, that DC emails PDFs and lots of people print their cards on paper.

Kanly

Feb 15, 2012
    Washington, DC
    A DC resident bought an actual ID card printer and will do them for anyone who wants.

There's a thread on r/DCGuns about it

Last edited:

Estirpe

Nov 22, 2018
    A DC bought an actual ID card printer and will do them for anyone who wants.

There's a thread on r/DCGuns about it

Just found the thread, did you do it, how does that work? Did you email him your info, pay him and he mailed the card?

Longhorse

MSI Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 8, 2021
    I actually contacted the guy and he did a better job than MPD printing my card.

Glad to hear it went well!

Waiting on my permit, almost 2 months and no email. Will definitely contact this person once received.
    Thanks for the feedback.

I'm somewhat surprised it has taken that long. I've seen several reports that DC was starting to issue permits more quickly.

Kanly

Feb 15, 2012
    Washington, DC
    Really? Got mine done today and fully prepared for this 90 day wait lol. Any word on average time they issue?

It's all over the place for issuing timeline. Some people were getting theirs in 2 weeks! others 30/60/90 days.

By statute they have up to 90 days.

Sad they seem to have started slow-walking the approvals again lately.

I also finally did get my permit printed and yes it is better than MPD's previous jobs.

Highly recommend the guy.

Ismee

Jan 6, 2018
    Really? Got mine done today and fully prepared for this 90 day wait lol. Any word on average time they issue?
    registration submitted May 1, approval pdf received the afternoon of May 26th.

The FFL had to redo the background check because processing lapsed the 30 day window.

Also, if anyone has contact info for the DC CCPL printer guy, please DM me. Thanks

Last edited:

LAC_MD

Oct 18, 2022
    Towson
    Definitely recommend printing it vs giving the officer your unlocked electronic device with the images on it… also would print your firearm registration cards..

LAC_MD

Oct 18, 2022
    Towson
    Staples (at least the one I used) did a pretty shitty job -- just laminated my two pieces of paper. There is a front and back to the card.

The guy i mentioned does them on an actual ID printer that he bought.

Here's the DCGuns Reddit thread on it: CCW Printing
    Either way it beats handing a LEO your unlocked cell phone to see your carry permit…as I believe the intent is…

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ObsidianCC

Latest threads

Top Bottom