• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • retrorichard

Member of Team Awesome
    Dec 24, 2009
    Rockville
    I have a Springfield XD in service length, and for me I have had a terrible time with muzzle flip. I am not the most experienced shooter in the world, but in the effort to reduce muzzle flip- I got a Wolff guide rod and factory strength wolff recoil spring. I went to the range yesterday, and it seems like a whole new gun for me. I was shooting 165 grain bullets and muzzle flip was much more controllable. I am now going to experiment with different spring weights.

brianong18

Nobody
    Jul 11, 2011
    Pasadena, MD
    I have a Springfield XD in service length, and for me I have had a terrible time with muzzle flip. I am not the most experienced shooter in the world, but in the effort to reduce muzzle flip- I got a Wolff guide rod and factory strength wolff recoil spring. I went to the range yesterday, and it seems like a whole new gun for me. I was shooting 165 grain bullets and muzzle flip was much more controllable. I am now going to experiment with different spring weights.

.40 I'm assuming from the 165gr?

jawn

YOU TROLLIN!
    Feb 10, 2011
    INTARWEB
    The high bore axis of the XD and the inherent snappiness of .40S&W makes for a difficult to manage package.

LineofSight

MSI Member, NRA Member
    Oct 4, 2010
    All OVER
    I've got the XDm in .45 and there is recoil but not like the .40. I actually purchased the .45 after shooting a .40. The ergos are great and it's certainly a fine made pistol. My Glock 22 has the same snappy recoil.

It's going to be one of those scenarios where you practice and practice more with it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    bapple

Latest threads

Top Bottom