• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Slackdaddy

My pronouns: Iva/Bigun
    Jan 1, 2019
    Looking for a 1X red dot for a Berretta CX4 Storm carbine.

This is a plinking gun,, don't want to break the bank.
    I want something that is "on" when I pick up the gun,, not turn on with the big numbered knob.
    So, shake awake is probably my only option ??
    Also looking to "co-witness"

Edit: A large side button to "wake it up" would work,, this will double as Home defense

Thanks,
    Slack

Qbeam

Ultimate Member
    Apr 16, 2008
    Georgia
    Holosuns have the pushbutton brightness control, along with Swampfox optics. They are not too expensive, but appear to be good performers.

Q

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    For me Sig Romeo 5 if i'm on a budget, Trij MRO or Aimpoint Pro if I need it to be bomb proof. They have a few years of battery life if left on, are rugged, reliable, and good for their price. The Sig R5 is made by Holosun, but simpler/cheaper and it's a little easier to find or get warranty support compared to Holosuns that have more features. If i'm looking to spend at least a few hundred instead of $100 R5, then I'll skip the mid-priced optics and go for the combat proven stuff, unless I really need something a different sight has to offer.

Slackdaddy

Jan 1, 2019
    Thanks for the suggestions,
    Whats your alls thoughts on a Reflex (less intrusive body) vs a full bodied "red dot 1X scope" ??

CHUNKERMD

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2009
    West MD
    I bought a package deal from Buds about 10 + years ago, it came with the Burris Speed Dot that absolutely co witnesses. I randomly mounted it once and have never adjusted it since. Used several times in 2 gun matches out to 100 yards, people laughed.
    O points down. 20220906_180214.jpg

Attachments

• 20220906_180308.jpg
      20220906_180308.jpg
      308.5 KB · Views: 84

Slackdaddy

Jan 1, 2019
    I picked up my CX4 Today.
    The factory irons (Peep/Post) are useless to me, my close up vision is terrible in my shooting eye.

I do want a "red dot" but wanted "back up irons" too.
    I was going to get the Holosun HE510C in grn,
    Now that I realize back up irons are not going to work,, I am thinking something with the reticle etched would be my best bet if the red dot failed.

So should I be looking for a 1X prism ?
    Is there any 1X prisms with "shake awake, auto brightness, solar cells and a reticle like holoson's 65 mil circle and dot ?
    This will be a HD weapon,, cant see shots over 50 yds,, in reality no shots over 25 yds.

Pale Ryder

Ultimate Member
    Jan 12, 2009
    Millersville
    I picked up my CX4 Today.
    The factory irons (Peep/Post) are useless to me, my close up vision is terrible in my shooting eye.

I do want a "red dot" but wanted "back up irons" too.
    I was going to get the Holosun HE510C in grn,
    Now that I realize back up irons are not going to work,, I am thinking something with the reticle etched would be my best bet if the red dot failed.

So should I be looking for a 1X prism ?
    Is there any 1X prisms with "shake awake, auto brightness, solar cells and a reticle like holoson's 65 mil circle and dot ?
    This will be a HD weapon,, cant see shots over 50 yds,, in reality no shots over 25 yds.
    SD, IMO this would be perfect for your pcc.
    Primary Arms 1x prism Cylops

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Kdaily1127

Latest threads

Top Bottom