• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    I have a Cold Steel Bushman that I bought on sale for something like 3 for $40.00 and then gave away two of them as door prizes for one of our gatherings.

https://ads.midwayusa.com/product/1...9590c9fca6d707a55e5&utm_term=4584894776053402

The other one has lived in my "everything" box in the truck with some tools and so forth which I was cleaning out today and the cheap-assed costs sheath has completely disintegrated.

Anyone know a solution for a sheath, either purchased or improvised, that doesn't cost twice as much as buying a whole new knife?

They've gone to a Kydex sheath since I bought mine......figures.

Norton

Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    The eBay one might fit the bill.

Ultimately for its intended purpose of living in my toolbox as an extra disposable tool, I guess I could just fold some cardboard and Gorilla tape it

MaxVO2

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    *****Amazon or Ebay. Measure blade length and decide what material sheath you want. I am partial to Kydex as they last forever and are less likely to wear like some leather sheaths which break down, or the stitching becomes undone, etc..

Prices vary a lot, you might have to wait a bit if you purchase from Ebay if it is imported but that is by far the cheapest option generally for virtually anything from organs to knife sheaths, or whatever you need. I got a nice sheath for a Bench Made knife I have from Ebay, as the one it came with would only fit what seemed like dress belts versus manly belts I use on the range.

Good luck

Norton

Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    Ended up just getting a generic leather one from Amazon.

Hard to get too worked over a $10.00-14.00 knife.

I threw an edge on that thing today and it's wicked sharp.

Rambler

Doing the best with the worst.
    Oct 22, 2011
    I have a couple of those knives, the full size and its little brother. The handle is hollow. I got the idea of making it into a mini survival kit. First, I plastidipped the handle for better grip and to seal the open seam in it. I put some waterproof matches and fishing tackle etc inside. To close off the tapered end, I used a cork stopper. A screw eye through the hole in the handle secures the stopper and gives a paracord lanyard attachment point.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom