• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jun 30, 2010
    Churchton
    Well I finally had the time to sit down and put together my rifle. I had to take a break though, because it was driving me insane.

Most of it is finished. After bending and breaking my rear take down spring (luckily I had a suitable replacement), I went to tighten the castle nut onto my Troy OEM M4 Battlesling End Plate, but the QD ends inhibit the use of the castle nut wrench. I put some blue loctite on the end and attempted to use the "hammer and punch" method of tightening the castle nut, but I still think its too loose.

How the hell do I properly tighten this down? This first build is giving me quite the headache. I really need to get this done before Sunday. :sad20:

-Z/28-

I wanna go fast
    Dec 6, 2011
    Harford Co
    Put a flat head screw driver in one of the slots on the nut and whack it a few times with a hammer. That's what I did. Works better than a punch. I don't even have loctite on mine, and it stays tight enough.

sailskidrive

Legalize the Constitution
    Oct 16, 2011
    Route 27
    WARPIG [USMC];1620047 said:
    Most of it is finished. After bending and breaking my rear take down spring (luckily I had a suitable replacement), I went to tighten the castle nut onto my Troy OEM M4 Battlesling End Plate, but the QD ends inhibit the use of the castle nut wrench. I put some blue loctite on the end and attempted to use the "hammer and punch" method of tightening the castle nut, but I still think its too loose.

How the hell do I properly tighten this down? This first build is giving me quite the headache. I really need to get this done before Sunday. :sad20:

I had to have Clandestine tighten mine after I got really pissed off at it. I'm not really sure ow he did it as there were not even any marks on it. :rolleyes:

Maybe a magic strap wrench or something....

Big_Leo

May 8, 2011
    Maybe a magic strap wrench or something....

I heard clandestine has an army of magical keebler elves to build guns for him. He just leaves guns on the work bench at closing and when they open, the elves are gone and the guns are finished. :lol2:

gunconnection

Ultimate Member
    Jan 17, 2008
    I can help you with that. Stop by with it if you get a chance. I will be in Friday & Saturday.
    Let me know if I can help,
    Dan

jrumann59

DILLIGAF
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 17, 2011
    Don't they make a 2 prong castle nut wrench as opposed to the 3 prong. Sling mount is nice but it does to be of poor practical design

vin

Ultimate Member
    Mar 19, 2009
    Bowie, MD
    I used the end of my wrench thats supposed to be for handguards, worked fine. Just my $.02.

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    PWS Enhanced Buffer Tube - QD sockets, and no need for end plate or castle nut.

So simple, even I didn't f*ck that up.

Jun 30, 2010
    Churchton
    I can help you with that. Stop by with it if you get a chance. I will be in Friday & Saturday.
    Let me know if I can help,
    Dan

Dan I'll more than likely leave work an hour early and head up there. I'll be coming from Annapolis so hopefully I can make it before you close lol.

I appreciate it.

DarthZed

Ultimate Member
    Sep 25, 2010
    Howard County
    I heard clandestine has an army of magical keebler elves to build guns for him. He just leaves guns on the work bench at closing and when they open, the elves are gone and the guns are finished. :lol2:

Snort. Thats just silly. Theres no such thing as elves. And besides, everyone knows Clandestine uses his Force Powers when working on ARs.

Unless they're piston-driven, and unworthy of such attention. :D

Jun 30, 2010
    Churchton
    If you cant get over to Dan let me know and Ill try and help however I can.

I will use my powers on it.

I appreciate it, Chad. Will you be there tomorrow? I may be hanging out in Glen Burnie at a buddies house so that may be a bit more convenient.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    WARPIG [USMC];1621109 said:
    I appreciate it, Chad. Will you be there tomorrow? I may be hanging out in Glen Burnie at a buddies house so that may be a bit more convenient.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Unfortunately Im going to be in NJ tomorrow all day. I will be at Scotts on Saturday though.

Either way Dan or I can help, just let me know if I should expect you because youll need the "password" or the counter guys will tell you Im not there. ;)

jrumann59

DILLIGAF
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 17, 2011
    Unfortunately Im going to be in NJ tomorrow all day. I will be at Scotts on Saturday though.

Either way Dan or I can help, just let me know if I should expect you because youll need the "password" or the counter guys will tell you Im not there. ;)

"Cavity Search"

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jlng1984

Latest threads

Top Bottom