• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jbtaylor1

Jul 5, 2019
    I have been looking for a while now, and I can't find the specifications anywhere about this BDC reticle. What caliber, bullet weight, and muzzle velocity was this designed around??
    I am still looking at the Vortex line as my final scope to purchase, but I am just waiting for some more details. Thanks!!

PEEJAY

Dec 2, 2020
    Midway has a good deal coming out if your trying to keep it around 200. Not sure what kind of scope your lookin for. Diamondback HP 4-16x42 for $199.99

Deadhold BDC reticle can be used for a lot of different calibers, you just use the calculator on Vortex website. just remember if your not using a FFP scope the measurements are going to change at different powers. not sure if there was a specific round they built it around, they do make one specifically for straight wall guns now too though. Other scope brands have similar programs.

Try google or youtube. theres literally 10,000 videos and articles explaining it

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    sort of irrelevant what round they based their bdc on. even if they did it on let's say 308 and you do have a 308, chances are your bullet, twist rate, barrel length, etc are different so your round won't necessarily hit at the various hash mark distances.

their literature should tell you the drops of each of their hash marks (ie, 300yd is 5 moa etc) so print out your ballistic chart and see where the drops match up. but definitely shoot your gun at the various distances to be sure it's hitting where you think it will; do not trust that the hash marks will be accurate for your gun.

trickg

Guns 'n Drums
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 22, 2008
    Glen Burnie
    sort of irrelevant what round they based their bdc on. even if they did it on let's say 308 and you do have a 308, chances are your bullet, twist rate, barrel length, etc are different so your round won't necessarily hit at the various hash mark distances.

their literature should tell you the drops of each of their hash marks (ie, 300yd is 5 moa etc) so print out your ballistic chart and see where the drops match up. but definitely shoot your gun at the various distances to be sure it's hitting where you think it will; do not trust that the hash marks will be accurate for your gun.
    The only BDC reticles I know of that are specific to a particular round are for 5.56 Ball. It's my understanding (and I could be wrong - someone please correct me if I am) that generally speaking you will get somewhat different POI depending on twist and barrel length, but BDC reticles even for 5.56 aren't really designed for pinpoint accuracy - they are designed for getting a decent SWAG for general bullet impact variable and estimated distances within normal shooting ranges - typically 300 yards and less.

jrumann59

DILLIGAF
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 17, 2011
    The only BDC reticles I know of that are specific to a particular round are for 5.56 Ball. It's my understanding (and I could be wrong - someone please correct me if I am) that generally speaking you will get somewhat different POI depending on twist and barrel length, but BDC reticles even for 5.56 aren't really designed for pinpoint accuracy - they are designed for getting a decent SWAG for general bullet impact variable and estimated distances within normal shooting ranges - typically 300 yards and less.
    I think Nikon make some scopes with 300 blk for. Yes most BDC are are pretty specific I think Nikon still does or used to offer to "tune" your turrets so the BDC would match the ammo you use.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Kdaily1127

Latest threads

Top Bottom