• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Boats

Broken Member
    Mar 13, 2012
    Howeird County
    Is 10/22 binary trigger gtg (legally) in MD?

AFAIK, no.

There was a grace period where you could email the ATF for authorization to continue to possess one in MD, which the ATF had no authority to do.

The law did not say one request per device, and that you only had to request authorization, not receive authorization. The cutoff was in 2018.

My friend in PA has one, and it is pretty great. Took a little tuning to get running right, but gtg now.

Last edited:

4g64loser

Bad influence
    Jan 18, 2007
    maryland
    I've got one. It is definitely one of my favorite range toys!
    Final generation with the spring detent?

I'm guessing you have the slide weight dowel pinned in your bolt too.

I dicked around with one for a guy who had cycling issues. I messed with some different bolt weights and even a buffered bolt weight. Impressive how much I could control rate of fire with relatively minor modifications to the cycling mass and the secondary mass. Also installed drill bushings in the receiver for the trigger housing pins.....that was one of the issues.....holes were pretty wanged out when I got hands on it.

rsideout

MDS Supporter
    Dec 11, 2009
    MD - Capital Region
    Final generation with the spring detent?

I'm guessing you have the slide weight dowel pinned in your bolt too.

I dicked around with one for a guy who had cycling issues. I messed with some different bolt weights and even a buffered bolt weight. Impressive how much I could control rate of fire with relatively minor modifications to the cycling mass and the secondary mass. Also installed drill bushings in the receiver for the trigger housing pins.....that was one of the issues.....holes were pretty wanged out when I got hands on it.
    I have no idea. But mine runs 98% all the time. Hands down.........One of my favorite transferables.

4g64loser

Bad influence
    Jan 18, 2007
    maryland
    I have no idea. But mine runs 98% all the time. Hands down.........One of my favorite transferables.
    Yeah that sounds like a later gen unit.

Very cool guns.

I've gotten to shoot a few am180s and that's got to be the biggest giggle factor gun ever. I just hate loading the pans.

4g64loser

Bad influence
    Jan 18, 2007
    maryland
    My Norrell 10/22 is much more reliable than my AM180. But when the AM180 runs with a big drum.....there is no comparison!
    Interesting......of the am180s I've shot, all were very reliable. Definitely ammo picky but with whatever that gun liked, they ran it and fast.

One older collector said he did some work to his to make it run more reliably but he didn't elaborate much.

The LM7s (baby 1919 in 22) are definitely twitchy. Mostly because of the shoulder less 22 round running in a belt. My buddy made a belt gauge for it and that (along with me making an adjustable weight system) seemed to straighten it out. With a can on it, very cool.

4g64loser

Bad influence
    Jan 18, 2007
    maryland
    I shot one that had a cloth belt. Maybe it was one of their earlier ones. Thing was bad ass.
    They will run cloth belt or plastic disintegrating links. The issue came with loading the belts with a shoulderless case. His gauge solved the issue by making sure each case was in the belt at the same depth.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom