• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jmcgonig

Jan 18, 2012
    Germantown, MD
    Was looking for one and was told that it hasn't been approved by MD yet... A little surprised, didn't realize there was so much delay.

Is this typical? How long does it normally take. Pistol has been out a month or two I believe. When would it become available?

Thanks.

Jackson923

Hell Yeah!
    Jan 25, 2008
    Harford Co
    Well who ever told you that is incorrect, I probably wouldn't return to that shop. I purchased one back 2009 from Gun Connection. It was a cash and carry right out of the door once they called it in since it's a 10/22 and not classified as an AR Clone, I did not have to do the 7 day wait.

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    You bought a gun in 2009 that just came out this winter?

McFly?........ Is that you?:popcorn:

jimbobborg

Oddball caliber fan
    Aug 2, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    Well who ever told you that is incorrect, I probably wouldn't return to that shop. I purchased one back 2009 from Gun Connection. It was a cash and carry right out of the door once they called it in since it's a 10/22 and not classified as an AR Clone, I did not have to do the 7 day wait.

He's asking about the new pistol, since we're in the handgun section. New pistols have to be approved by a board before legally being sold in Maryland. The SR22 has not been sent for approval yet.

OEH

Nov 18, 2010
    29B
    The OP's talking about the SR22 not the SR-22. Ruger really should have put more thought in the naming conventions for their products. Is it even available from the online dealers yet?

Jackson923

Hell Yeah!
    Jan 25, 2008
    Harford Co
    He's asking about the new pistol, since we're in the handgun section. New pistols have to be approved by a board before legally being sold in Maryland. The SR22 has not been sent for approval yet.

My mistake the rifle is listed as the SR-22, and yes I did buy one in 2009.

mrozowjj

Ultimate Member
    Apr 13, 2008
    Seattle-ish WA
    Pistol is not yet on the roster. It takes a bit of time. You can email the review board to ask when they are going to review it if you're curious.

mikec

Ultimate Member
    Dec 1, 2007
    Off I-83
    If anyone wants to find out if the handgun has been submitted contact mjenkins@mdsp.org and she can tell you. Her response, depending on schedule can be near immediate to up to one week or so for a reply. Some times she is busier than a one armed wallpaper hanger.

jmcgonig

Jan 18, 2012
    Germantown, MD
    If anyone wants to find out if the handgun has been submitted contact mjenkins@mdsp.org and she can tell you. Her response, depending on schedule can be near immediate to up to one week or so for a reply. Some times she is busier than a one armed wallpaper hanger.

Nah, no reason for that. I guess it will be sometime this summer according to the shop. Oh well, guess I won't be shooting a pistol on the cheap for most of summer.

mikec

Ultimate Member
    Dec 1, 2007
    Off I-83
    Rub it in... ;)

Just remember, Ruger has had some QC issues. By the time the gun is approved in MD, all the bugs should be worked out. jimbobborg may be buying something that has to be sent back.

Yes, that is the only semi positive aspect of MD's stupid law.

Rob43

Feb 14, 2012
    Bethesda MD
    I went to the Chantilly Gun show this last weekend and picked up a Henry AR-7 U.S. Survival Rifle, I've wanted one for awhile now. After break in it's going in a Bug Out Bag, where it will stay in between usage.

On to the Ruger, I really really like this new Ruger SR22 pistol. After holding the SR22 in my hand with the larger grips & magazine finger extension piece, I must say; it felt great. Looking at several video's & reading a lot of reviews, I'm very positive I'll buy one when they get Maryland approved. The majority of all reviews show how this pistol can constantly fire almost any type of .22 ammo & not fail. Very impressed with it.

Ruger SR22
    http://www.ruger.com/products/sr22Pistol/index.html

Henry AR-7
    http://www.henryrepeating.com/rifle-survival-ar7.cfm

jmcgonig

Jan 18, 2012
    Germantown, MD
    I went to the Chantilly Gun show this last weekend and picked up a Henry AR-7 U.S. Survival Rifle, I've wanted one for awhile now. After break in it's going in a Bug Out Bag, where it will stay in between usage.

On to the Ruger, I really really like this new Ruger SR22 pistol. After holding the SR22 in my hand with the larger grips & magazine finger extension piece, I must say; it felt great. Looking at several video's & reading a lot of reviews, I'm very positive I'll buy one when they get Maryland approved. The majority of all reviews show how this pistol can constantly fire almost any type of .22 ammo & not fail. Very impressed with it.

Ruger SR22

Henry AR-7

Let me know how the survival rifle shoots. I decided against getting one reading some of the reviews. Seems like CCI Mini mags was the best scenario but still some iffy reviews. I wanted one for backpacking, but didn't want it if I couldn't count on it.

mrozowjj

Ultimate Member
    Apr 13, 2008
    Seattle-ish WA

Ruger SR22

Henry AR-7

A "combat" style 22 with the reliability of a Ruger Mk3 is a great combo for sure. My Walther P22 hasn't given me any serious problems but I might still want to buy the Ruger anyway... once they have been around a while to loose the new gun markup.

Rob43

Feb 14, 2012
    Bethesda MD
    Let me know how the survival rifle shoots. I decided against getting one reading some of the reviews. Seems like CCI Mini mags was the best scenario but still some iffy reviews. I wanted one for backpacking, but didn't want it if I couldn't count on it.

I'll let you know, it may be a few months before I put at least 500 rounds through it.

You can always send me an Email with any questions.

TapRackBang

Cheaper Than Diamonds
    Jan 14, 2012
    Bel Air
    I went up to Freedom Armory's S&W/Walther demo last Friday bight. That was a blast by itself, well worth the 40 minute detour on my way home from work. But they also had the SR22 pistol in the rental pool. I didn't rent it (don't think they were renting and I'm not a member anyway) but did spend some time looking at it. It felt great in my hand, and everything about it felt very solid. Nice action on the slide. Then I went and tried the Walther P22. it didn't feel as good or solid. Shot OK, but not great. I'm definitely getting the SR22 when it finally gets approved here.

Sometimes Marylandistan (and its ignorant voters) really irritates me. :mad54:

mikec

Ultimate Member
    Dec 1, 2007
    Off I-83
    There is a thread in the rimfire section about this handgun. Someone posted that they received word from the handgun board that the SR22 was approved at the most recent meeting but due to the legal process it will not be legal to sell until April 23.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    bapple

Latest threads

Top Bottom