• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Darkemp

Ultimate Member
    Aug 18, 2009
    Marylandistan
    I was in the same boat as the OP very recently. I picked the arsenal SGL-21.

Reasons were simple:

1) Built new. Others, like the WaSR, were assembled from (at least some) used parts.

2) Strong reputation. From what I read, you can get perfectly fine WASR, or other types, some of the time. But you need to inspect for cant, magazine wobble, and a few other things. Since I am a newbie, I figured it was way smarter to accept my limitations and go with the sure thing.

In addition to the other mechanical advantages already mentioned, the Arsenal has a heat shield for the hand. A nice comfort point :-)

So bottom line, the Arsenal is the sure bet, but you pay a bit extra for it. I went with 7.62 over 5.45 simply because I figured that I wasn't going to be shooting over 300 yards anytime soon.

A major downer for the OP is that the SGL series is built by Russians to Russian spec---that means no wood furniture. Russians haven't used that in a couple of decades. Too heavy, more expensive, etc. I'm liking the black AK look myself.

Gundahar

Arsenal or buy the Saiga and DIY for cheaper. When you're buying one of those you're getting an AK built in the same factory that built the first and still builds the AK's for the Russian military. How cool is that?

Nemesis

Russian Grizzly Adams
    Oct 3, 2009
    Martinsburg, WV
    Ak = spray & pray...

6987888.jpg

04RWon

Ultimate Member
    Feb 13, 2010
    Orlando, FL
    AK= I want an AR, but am too cheap to buy one or too afraid to admit it

LOL

Im an AR guy but I want an Arsenal...after seeing nemesis's Ak's an Arsenal would be the ticket

Nemesis

Russian Grizzly Adams
    Oct 3, 2009
    Martinsburg, WV
    AK= I want an AR, but am too cheap to buy one or too afraid to admit it

LOL

Im an AR guy but I want an Arsenal...after seeing nemesis's Ak's an Arsenal would be the ticket

lmao...how touching...

the sad part is, both of my AKs cost as much as ARs....lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Imetthevarmit

Latest threads

Top Bottom