• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Years ago I had a Pro Chrono from C.E. , and was pleased with it ( other than being insufficiently resistant to .45-70 hits) . Seeing a possability of soon getting another inexpensive chrono, the possabilities are another Pro Chrono or the Shooting Chrony. The main difference seems to be the Shooting Chrony has inexpensive option of a corded remote vs more expensive Bluetooth remote from C.E. Particularily considering I don't have a suitable smart phone to use with it, so I'd need a dedicated one.

Does anyone have experience with both of these ? Is the corded remote worthwhile? And no , Ohler is out of the question, and I don't care to bother with remote screens.

molonlabe

Ultimate Member
    May 7, 2005
    Mountaineer Country, WV
    The corded remote on the Crony works ok but the cord is stiff as a board and impossible to stow. I replaced mine with a more pliable but I had to cut it and reverse two leads. I don't think it was RX/TX which would make it a null modem. Mine is longer fits in the case and I assume you need to get it away from a 45-70

For as much as I use it the Chrony works well for me.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    For using at home , or when only person using aa raange have no need for aa remote. On busy ranges, kind of a pain to have to wait 30min between strings. At that point probably better off to manually write down each vel on paper , and do the calculator work later.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    tyreseveronica

Latest threads

Top Bottom