• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AssMan

Meh...
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2011
    Somewhere on the James River, VA
    I paid my fee online and plan to head up to the shop to complete this after work. Is there anything I need to bring other than the info I need to complete the form? Is there anything unusual about the kiosk process? I've purchased suppressors through the kiosk before but never completed a form 1 (I have submitted paper form 1s in the past).

Any idea what wait times are on these? Most sources say 2 months...wonder what MDS says.

Bafflingbs

Gozer the Destroyer
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 16, 2013
    Calvert County
    I had to supply pictures of my host receiver, and made sure it was listed as 29" OAL, when and if it was approved. Took 16 days to be approved.

r3t1awr3yd

Meh.
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 14, 2010
    Bowie, MD
    The pics expire but the prints aren't supposed to. I definitely did my Form1 last year after the year mark. I had to just take another doofy selfie in the bathroom.

EDIT: Approval was 28 days for mine last march.

RRomig

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 30, 2021
    Burtonsville MD
    Yeah I’ve had my SS account for years and only the picture needs to be updated. That’s the main reason I did an account with them and have my customers do the same.

jrumann59

DILLIGAF
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 17, 2011
    did you buy the suppressor from the shop with the kiosk or did you purchase online directly from silencer shop? If directly from silencer shop i would call the shop you plan to visit and make sure there are not any "convenience" fees for using thier kiosk to finish a purchase not through them.

AssMan

Meh...
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2011
    Somewhere on the James River, VA
    did you buy the suppressor from the shop with the kiosk or did you purchase online directly from silencer shop? If directly from silencer shop i would call the shop you plan to visit and make sure there are not any "convenience" fees for using thier kiosk to finish a purchase not through them.
    Today, I'm SBR'ing one of my SCARs, but the suppressor I purchased was already in the shop.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom