• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Coehorn

MDS Supporter
    Feb 26, 2024
    Baltimore County
    Just reading this thread has generated pop-ups on my screen for skid loaders.

Does MDS use pop-up advertising as a method of making money for the site?

Maybe this is where all of my never-ending pop-up problems are coming from. If true, is there a way to prevent these pop-ups on MDS?

Thank you.

PS: I've reached out to the Mods too.

Attachments

• IMG_4057.JPG
      IMG_4057.JPG
      446.6 KB · Views: 10
    • IMG_4058.JPG
      IMG_4058.JPG
      311.8 KB · Views: 10
    Last edited:

71Chevelle427

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 19, 2015
    B'More County, Maryland
    I even asked, what if my dad is elderly and can no longer drive, so he relies on me and my truck to haul for him.
    If they log in my truck/my license etc, this effectively gives me 3 trips per house instead of 12 trips permitted for a 6 per year x 2 houses.

It sucks because I need to renovate his bath and kitchen in a row house and there is literally 0 room for dumpster.

FWIW, if your Dad still has a driver license, he can simply go with you and give them his license. Thr 6 trips goes solely by the address, not the vehicle, or even the driver.

I just took a load of brush, but rather than make 2 or 3 loads with my pickup, gave my buddy 20 bucks to haul it in his small dump bodied pickup. His "free" trips are done already, so he said Id have to go with him. He drove in, we gave guy my license and went in and dumped.

chilipeppermaniac

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    I still haven't been able to find that supposed limit on free trips everyone keeps talking about
    It is in my link I posted in post 6. Here is my screenshot of it. It is item 9 on the County regs.
    Why do you think they scan your license?

Oh and I will post it. In addition to being told this one time by a landfill employee who was giving me an attitude at Days Cove Rd, it is here on page 4.

View attachment 456790
    Here it is from my post 6 in your thread. Open the link and it is there. I'll post it from my computer once home.

https://resources.baltimorecountymd...anagement/regulations/regeasterndropoff21.pdf

View attachment 456790
    1712976350221.png

Last edited:

theoldman

MDS Supporter
    Dec 5, 2022
    Ellicott City
    A few years ago I was responsible for emptying my dad’s house. So I decided to put everything that was to be dumped into the garage. Went to his house on trash day and when the truck came down the street I was standing there with cash. The trash guys back their truck up to the garage and took it all. It cost me about $250. But that was alot cheaper than any other way I could find.

chilipeppermaniac

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    From the link: 4th page.

1712976520509.png

A few years ago I was responsible for emptying my dad’s house. So I decided to put everything that was to be dumped into the garage. Went to his house on trash day and when the truck came down the street I was standing there with cash. The trash guys back their truck up to the garage and took it all. It cost me about $250. But that was alot cheaper than any other way I could find.

About 20 years ago now, a noreaster began blowing the shingles off my mom's roof of her house 3 houses from the boardwalk. After the insurance adjuster cut my check, I began pricing dumpsters for when I began tearing off the shingles. One day as I was demoing the old shingles, the trash truck came down the road. The driver asked what my plans were to do the cleanup. He said he could cleanup and haul, dispose of it all for $250 like your guys.

Best $250 I ever spent. They were even good about nails cleanup.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom