• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MDLeadSlinger

Southern AA Shooter
    Nov 13, 2011
    Southern AA County, MD
    Been looking all over for a M&P Pro but can not seem to find them. I was in a store in Glen Burnie last week and asked if they could order the pro. They said they could not locate it in their syetem and that it might not be on the MD approved list.

Can anyone chime in on this ?

ohen cepel

Ultimate Member
    Feb 2, 2011
    Where they send me.
    Pretty sure I saw one yesterday at the Gun Center in Frederick. Worth giving them a call. I didn't handle it, but it had a longer slide than normal and what looked like improved sights.

Johnthetoolguy

Ultimate Member
    Feb 4, 2009
    Pasadena
    Gun Connection used to carry them. I damn near bought one last year.
    It's been a while since I have been there, though. Give Dan a call.

EL1227

R.I.P.
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 14, 2010
    I got one off of GunBroker from Jacksonville Shooters a while back.
    Model # 178035 with a 4.25 barrel.

They're not in production anymore so they're getting hard to find.

EL1227

R.I.P.
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 14, 2010
    Pretty sure I saw one yesterday at the Gun Center in Frederick. Worth giving them a call. I didn't handle it, but it had a longer slide than normal and what looked like improved sights.

Pro Series comes with night sights, and the 5" barrel model looks longer. Also, some Pro Series models have a bright stainless slide.

EL1227

R.I.P.
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 14, 2010
    From what I understand, S&W released the 4.25" barrel version of the Pro Series to accomodate a threaded barrel, because at about the same time they also released an interchangeable barrel version, one regular and one threaded, model # 417550, called the Special Ops that was based on the Pro Series 4.25". The Pro Series 5" pre-dated the 4.25" model.

Rockn93yj

Nov 24, 2011
    I was torn between the 2 pro models available in the .40 cal. The one with the 5" barrel has the green fiberoptic sights. the one with the 4.25" barrel has the night sights 178036, which is what I bought this past tuesday from Arrows and Bullets in Hagerstown. Doing my 7 day wait now. He had to order it, wasn't in stock.

87Theworld

Nov 2, 2011
    Howard County
    It's approved in MD ordered mine about a month and half ago & my gun store just received it Fri waiting on 5 days now. They have been hard to get for a while now. Didn't know about the 4.25" mines the 5in fiber optic front and night sights.

wizzer368

Zombie Slayer
    Aug 9, 2010
    Eastern shore of MD
    I have one and I may be looking to get rid of it soon to fund another project. It is the smith and wesson 9mm pro with the 5 inch barrel and fiber optic sight.

Attachments

• mp 2.JPG
      mp 2.JPG
      56.5 KB · Views: 201
    • mp 9mm.JPG
      mp 9mm.JPG
      73 KB · Views: 206

CrawfishStu

Creeper
    Dec 4, 2006
    Crofton
    I was shopping hard for one for two months. I think I've given up and am going to get the standard 9 so I can have a safety like my 45. Apex trigger kit, adjustable FO sights, and use it to shoot IDPA.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    KD96

Latest threads

Top Bottom