• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • nemecizer

Jan 19, 2013
    ... and I am now a registered Democrat.

An I am pledging $10,000 of my own money to defeat ANY candidate in the House of Delegates or the State Senate that votes for any bill that restricts our rights.

How can I help?

buzzsaw

Ultimate Member
    Feb 26, 2013
    Hagerstown
    Email all the delegates (there are other threads with their addresses) and let them know EXACTLY this statement.

Tell them if they want a campaign donation, you want a NO vote.

edit - and it would be kind if you followed through with it too :)

Wapato

Aug 26, 2011
    This is something we should have probably got going on earlier. The concept of tossing people out of office if they destroy rights, even if it's for someone else from the same party who may actually share their views.

Sort of the way people who steal physical things are punished or fired. Even if others would have done the same, they're the one that actually did it.

Mr H

Banana'd
    This is something we should have probably got going on earlier. The concept of tossing people out of office if they destroy rights, even if it's for someone else from the same party who may actually share their views.

Sort of the way people who steal physical things are punished or fired. Even if others would have done the same, they're the one that actually did it.

I think most of us have been subtle about the possibility, some of us not so much.

Last Saturday was ratcheting the straps a little tighter, but I get the feeling it was seen more as a "gun" thing than a "voter" thing.

NateIU10

Ultimate Member
    Apr 6, 2009
    Southport, CT
    I am now a registered democrat, and I am contemplating a run for state or federal office next election. We, as a group, need to coordinate our action. I don't think I can unseat VanHollen or Frosh, but I just don't know yet.

buzzsaw

Ultimate Member
    Feb 26, 2013
    Hagerstown
    Just get one of those jokers from Balti City out of the way.

I for one find it appalling how much weight MoCo and Balti hold in our government. What happened to equal representation?

JustCuz

Non-Expendable Citizen
    Aug 25, 2012
    Hanover, MD
    I suggest you hold onto that money and wait for all organized efforts to come to fruition. There may be ways that you can use it that you never imagined.

Clovis

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 1, 2011
    Centreville
    Not sure you can give that much as an individual or a business. They changed laws on contributions (don't recall when or how much) but look into it first and get your ducks in a row. If you cannot donate that much, don't worry they wrote in plenty of "loopholes" for themselves so there are ways, just be clever and careful. Thanks for your help.

dogbone

Ultimate Member
    Nov 14, 2011
    GTT - Gone To Texas
    Not sure you can give that much as an individual or a business. They changed laws on contributions (don't recall when or how much) but look into it first and get your ducks in a row. If you cannot donate that much, don't worry they wrote in plenty of "loopholes" for themselves so there are ways, just be clever and careful. Thanks for your help.

Guide on Maryland campaign contributions:

http://www.elections.state.md.us/summary_guide/sg_08.html

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    partyboytowsonhigh1956

Latest threads

Top Bottom