• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Brent

#2ALivesMatter
    Nov 22, 2013
    Amongst the Deplorables, SC.
    Had a ball with my bride on Saturday. We celebrated her 35th birthday the only way we know. We’ve always been big on Clay Busting together. We went and tried a club about 40 minutes from the house and really enjoyed ourselves. We would like to make it a monthly adventure when it’s not hot as Satan’s nut sack down here.

I only brought along an IC and M choke, gonna take the IM for the final couple stations. Felt like my Modified needed just a smidge more concentration at the final stage at least. Great game. Great fun. It was our first time playing Sporting Clays and we will be back for sure!

- Brent

Spaceballs

Sep 7, 2022
    Pennsylvania
    I just did clay shooting for the first time ever a few weeks ago. SO MUCH MORE FUN THAT I THOUGHT IT WOULD BE!

Easier too. It wasn't even remotely frustrating for a beginner. We didn't hit them all but we weren't so bad at it that it wasn't any fun.

And we were just hand throwing them with one of those hand launcher wand things. It was definitely the poor man's version of trap and it was SO MUCH FUN

Brent

#2ALivesMatter
    Nov 22, 2013
    I just did clay shooting for the first time ever a few weeks ago. SO MUCH MORE FUN THAT I THOUGHT IT WOULD BE!

Easier too. It wasn't even remotely frustrating for a beginner. We didn't hit them all but we weren't so bad at it that it wasn't any fun.

And we were just hand throwing them with one of those hand launcher wand things. It was definitely the poor man's version of trap and it was SO MUCH FUN

Oh man backyard real can’t be beat. Talk about fun! Head to a Skeet, trap, 5-stand, or sporting clay course man! Read up on da for choke recommendations. I recommend to being IC, M, and IM for sporting clays. Heck of a good way to spend an afternoon!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Brent

#2ALivesMatter
    Nov 22, 2013
    You just like riding around in the golf cart.
    ;)

Looks like a really good time and happy birthday to your wife.

Bo, lemme tell ya somethin! Those gas powered golf carts will tear a$$! My wife loved driving it! She’s got a bit of a lead foot anyhow. We were giggling the whole time.

Spaceballs

Sep 7, 2022
    Pennsylvania
    Oh man backyard real can’t be beat. Talk about fun! Head to a Skeet, trap, 5-stand, or sporting clay course man! Read up on da for choke recommendations. I recommend to being IC, M, and IM for sporting clays. Heck of a good way to spend an afternoon!

That sounds like a lot of work.

I like the part where there is a loud bang then the orange disc explodes.

I don't need it to be anymore complicated than that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom