• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mac1_131

MSI Executive Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 31, 2009
    What about those who bought their handgun while a resident in another state, then brought them in with them when they moved to Maryland before this draconian bill came into being? Do we have to prove they were bought elsewhere?

No

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk 2

bjump

Feb 24, 2013
    Smithsburg

When I bought my 5906 on 2/11, he let me take my 15rd mag home. Just for a souvineer I guess....been lookin at it for 48 days now

TonyB.

Ultimate Member
    Jul 27, 2012
    The solution is simple and already used by Mec-Gar (magazine manufacturer). They make 10rd mags for Sig and offer 13rd "high cap" mags in the aftermarket. The only difference is the plastic piece which rests on top of the spring. On the 10 rd mags it's larger, taking up more space and reducing the capacity. I'm sure that the big manufacturers will adopt this type of technology. For anyone to say that Glock, Sig, S&W or any other manufacturer wont sell to MD'ers anymore is simply over reacting.

Ouhuzo

Mar 2, 2013
    The solution is simple and already used by Mec-Gar (magazine manufacturer). They make 10rd mags for Sig and offer 13rd "high cap" mags in the aftermarket. The only difference is the plastic piece which rests on top of the spring. On the 10 rd mags it's larger, taking up more space and reducing the capacity. I'm sure that the big manufacturers will adopt this type of technology. For anyone to say that Glock, Sig, S&W or any other manufacturer wont sell to MD'ers anymore is simply over reacting.
    According to sgt23preston @11 this has happened before, and the past is prolog.

janxster

Sep 15, 2012
    . I'm sure that many of us have semi-automatic handguns that were purchased legally in Maryland, that came with magazines that hold more than 10 rounds. What will be our situation after 10/1?? Will those guns need to be registered to be kept? .

I keep hearing about registration. If I bought a handgun in Md. as stated by the OP isn't it already registered? Isn't a legally purchased regulated firearm already registered? Or are we talking about a different registration than the one already in place? This is not the first time I have heard and thought this.

Brooklyn

I stand with John Locke.
    Jan 20, 2013
    Plan D? Not worth the hassle.

Of course now op force knows this. How does this help us? Did you think about the arguments we might want to make on the floor..

Well now I can rest easy. The cat is out of the bag ...

I was worried we might get smart for a second...

JPG

Ultimate Member
    Aug 5, 2012
    Calvert County
    What is funny is that the only guns that will be sold would be the "concealed carry" types (smaller) to a State that doesn't allow concealed carry.

I think they call this a PARADOX. :D

janklow

Feb 6, 2013
    BUT gun manufacturers of double stack semi auto pistols don't offer 10 mags...
    now, let's be honest: we already HAD a federal assault weapon ban that caused these manufacturers to sell us all, nationwide, those double-stack semi-auto pistols with 10-round magazines. so i don't think we should assume it will never happen.

granted, i agree the change in the law is ******** and pointless and all that, but i know i've got a few semi-autos of the type you mention that came with and/or had made for them 10-round magazines at some point.

Shinny

Ultimate Member
    Sep 20, 2012
    We are discussing a question that has no real answers until (if) somthing emerges from the reconcilation committee at 11:50 pm 4/8 .

Simply the nature of the questions will guide House floor amendments , and the reconciliation committee.

Have patientce , ask your questions on 4/9 , it's not as if you can do any meaningful purchases between now and then.

This. It's one more week.

Call your delegates and senators before midnight 4/8, ask these questions afterwards.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Kdaily1127

Latest threads

Top Bottom