• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MEGARMS

KnowNothing
    Jun 3, 2012
    Carroll County
    After a 1 year hiatus, The Mt. Airy chapter of the IWLA will be hosting it's Summer Trap League beginning on July 9th. This league is for "FUN" and quite frankly for all skill levels. I shot this league the first year that I started shooting trap and had a great time, learned a lot, and met a lot of great people. They have stripped out nearly all of the profit and so almost all of the proceeds are used to cover the costs of targets, food, and prizes (they hold an awesome banquet at the end of season with any left over money).

For only $500 per team / $100 per shooter you get,

-7 weeks - 2 rounds of trap plus a free practice round ticket - 21 rounds
    -Hot dog, bag of chips, and soft drink each week
    -Admission for 2 to the end of season banquet (food, prizes, drinks, etc)

I attached the flyer and registration form. If you are looking for some inexpensive fun this summer on Thursday nights, I would encourage you to put together a team and give this a try. If you are interested, but do not have a team, you can be put on a list and they will assign you to a team with other single shooters. Check it out.

Attachments

• Mt. Airy IWLA Summer Trap League 2015.pdf
      616.7 KB · Views: 141

MEGARMS

KnowNothing
    Jun 3, 2012
    Carroll County
    Good times. I take my son and buddies to the Thursday night shoots.

We have a few squads of young bucks for the Summer League already. Do you guys have a spot reserved? The league is on Thursday nights and will run concurrent to Public Trap starting on July 9th

MEGARMS

KnowNothing
    Jun 3, 2012
    Carroll County
    Three Squads Left to Fill

With less than three weeks to go, there are still three squads to fill. Put together a team of 5 and get your registration form turned in. The more squads that participate, the more money we have to spend on the banquet and prizes.

If you do not have 5, send me a PM and I will put your name on a list and should be able to pair you up with a full squad.

Do not wait until the last minute. Because this is an evening league, we are limited to 20 squads so that everyone can finish shooting by 9 pm.

MEGARMS

KnowNothing
    Jun 3, 2012
    Carroll County
    League starts next Thursday.

We need three individual shooters to fill up a squad. Anyone interested, please pm me and I will get you on the list.

MEGARMS

KnowNothing
    Jun 3, 2012
    Carroll County
    Have you heard anything about the ATA Corn Shoot? I don't see any dates listed on their website.

Did not see you at the Corn Shoot. It was a great (very very long) day. Close to 100 sqauds of singles, 100 of handicap, and 5 doubles. We threw nearly 21,000 targets, gave away a lot of awesome leather (the AGC boys that showed up took home a lot of it), served an awesome free lunch to over 250 people. Great day of trapshooting at the Mt. Airy IWLA.

MEGARMS

KnowNothing
    Jun 3, 2012
    Carroll County
    Megarms, which guy are you? I'm usually in a white hat and green shorts shooting an o/u.

Oh wow, that's you? I am the guy weaning a black hat, camo shorts, and shooting a bt-99.:rofl:

Dave, I am the guy running the computer inside the clubhouse. Come say hello on Thursday. I am sure we have met and I am pretty sure I know who you are, although we do have 5 Dave's shooting this summer.

gtodave

MDS Supporter
    Aug 14, 2007
    Mt Airy
    Oh wow, that's you? I am the guy weaning a black hat, camo shorts, and shooting a bt-99.:rofl:

Dave, I am the guy running the computer inside the clubhouse. Come say hello on Thursday. I am sure we have met and I am pretty sure I know who you are, although we do have 5 Dave's shooting this summer.

yes, we've met. I'll stop by tonight (if it isn't thunderstorming).

I know my description was a little vague, but I didn't know what else to say :lol2:. I'm a white guy, if that helps :lol:

gtodave

MDS Supporter
    Aug 14, 2007
    Mt Airy
    Dave,

Must have missed you tonight. Which team are you on?

Scared Hitless. I was going to stop by and introduce myself, but I got caught up solving the world's problems after our round.

Are you the ~40ish guy or the ~30ish guy with the e-cig?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    tyreseveronica

Latest threads

Top Bottom