• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Doctor_M

Certified Mad Scientist
    MDS Supporter
    Question for the brain trust. For the first time in a while, I have no NFA items waiting in jail, so I figured it is time to start the cycle again. Thinking about finally getting a suppressor for my M-11... running full auto suppressed should be fun. Any recommendations? I'm guessing that a few short bursts should be possible without excessively heating the can. Anyone run this way?

smdub

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 14, 2012
    MoCo
    The GSL Phoenix is the newest version of the MK9K. Big (bot not terribly long), 3-lug, meant for subguns. Several in the MDTCA have them. You can get a 3-lug bbl (or adapter) for the M11s & Lages. There have been several to come up for sale on Sturm cheaper than most places I think.

Yu're welcome to try out my MK9K at AGC sometime. MDTCA won't have a scheduled shoot until later in the spring though.

Dovk0802

Sep 20, 2017
    DC
    If you don't care about looking like an old school Mac can, and want something more versatile, Rugged says their cans are good for full auto. besides the option of the two lengths, I have a set of adapters: tri-lug, 5/8x24. worth a look

smdub

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 14, 2012
    MoCo
    The OSS/HUX RAD9 might be worth considering too. No one in the club has one transferred yet so no first hand accounts on if they work as well as their rifle cans.

smdub

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 14, 2012
    MoCo
    If you don't care about looking like an old school Mac can, and want something more versatile, Rugged says their cans are good for full auto.
    Lots of cans are rated full auto but being rated for it and actually good at it are two different things. My TiRant 9 is full auto rated but it isn't very good at it. An M11/9 runs about 1200rpm stock. High back pressure cans increase that even further and produce a HUGE cloud of gas back in your face. Most subguns (MP5 excepted) are simple blowback so back pressure / gas / rof increase is a real problem. That is the reason all old subgun cans are huge. Lots of volume and not too many baffles. IMO, The MK9K was really the first to start to be more modern and 'better'. I'm told the GSL Phoenix has a newer baffle stack design than the MK9K (FWIW, those two are really the same can & company, it just was just brand labeled originally.) I have an old Bowers CAC380 and the baffle design is ancient. (they can be sent back and re-cored to modern baffles but the cost is prohibitive now. Might as well just buy another suppressor.)

The OSS/HUX RAD series might be the first real subgun innovation since the MK9K. A couple of us have the RAD22 and it does seem to be an improvement so fingers crossed. There are a couple RAD9s in jail in the club and I have a RAD45 on order.

mtlcafan79

Ultimate Member
    Sep 11, 2008
    PG
    If you like the concept of the MK9K take a look at the Curtis Tactical CT9KS. It's an improved version of the MK9K. Titanium tube and caps, improved stainless baffles.

calicojack

American Sporting Rifle
    MDS Supporter
    May 29, 2018
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    I have a Rugged Obsidian 45 and when I shot it on this 45 ACP PCC, the guy next to me at the range told me it sounded like an air gun. True story. I don't have any other experience with other suppressor brands. The Obsidian 45 is full-auto rated.

pistol-45acp-aero-x15.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom