• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Terps

Apr 26, 2020
    DeFebos Market (Bethany) has a wood style pizza oven. I like to grab a slice there or Pomodoro.
    THIS!!! Also try “Pie” in Bethany. Pomodoro is great, but I’m not sure they are open year round. Best NY style Pizza around. Pie and Difibo’s are more “artist” small pizzas

Last edited:

308Scout

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 27, 2020
    Washington County
    Yes, but back in the day the dough was tossed and the crispy crust had blisters.

Now the dough is machine pressed and I don’t think the ovens are hot enough.
    Last time I had Grotto a couple of years ago, it was essentially just glorified "food court pizza". I remember it being better long ago, and this is probably why.

Last edited:

Darkemp

Ultimate Member
    Aug 18, 2009
    Marylandistan
    Lat time I had Grotto a couple of years ago, it was essentially just glorified "food court pizza". I remember it being better long ago, and this is probably why.
    It was good at UD on Main St in Newark, but the atmosphere was better than the food as I remember.

Overboost44

6th gear
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 10, 2013
    Kent Island
    I have two brothers that live in Lewes and Mr. P's is the go to with Touch of Italy as an alternative. If the Ava's Pizzeria down in Rehoboth is as good as the one in St. Michael's you should try that.

ETA: Full Belly Pizza is pretty good and I didn't see it mentioned here.

wpage

Ultimate Member
    Oct 17, 2022
    Southern Delaware
    Would not classify Grotto Pizza as decent. It is convenient (by Home Depo) and inexpensive...

However, if your hungry it will fill the void. And, the beer is cold.

HailVon

Jan 1, 2015
    Northern Indiana
    The new Nicola's up by Home Depot just opened. Haven't been there yet (old locations were good).

Mama Maria's in Dewey and Milford is good.
    Mama Celeste in Dewey is good as well, but they are only open next Friday/Saturday night, and are closing (retiring) for good.

Bella Capri in Georgetown, next to Walmart, is another option.
    Nicola’s has to be one of the best pizza places out there!

del_patriot

Sep 16, 2022
    Sussex County, Delaware
    Nicola’s has to be one of the best pizza places out there!

I would disagree honestly. Not a huge fan of theirs. It used to be fun going town to the original location for half priced Nicabolis in the winter, but it was more of an experience thing than for the quality of food. Over in western Sussex Pizza King and Cafe Tamburelli's are pretty good options.

HailVon

Jan 1, 2015
    Northern Indiana
    I would disagree honestly. Not a huge fan of theirs. It used to be fun going town to the original location for half priced Nicabolis in the winter, but it was more of an experience thing than for the quality of food. Over in western Sussex Pizza King and Cafe Tamburelli's are pretty good options.
    I’ll probably need to try them next summer when visiting my family!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    bapple

Latest threads

Top Bottom