The White House et al busy on Gun Control. Are you?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • OnTarget

Ultimate Member
    Mar 29, 2009
    WV
    I got this from The White House this evening (Mar. 23). They aren't giving up, including Feinstein & Bloomberg. They are working double time on a strategy. It's no good to win the local battle (MD) and lose on the National level. Are you paying attention? This is very worrisome. White House message follows:

Three months since Newtown

Three months after the tragic shooting in Newtown, Connecticut, President Obama says that the Senate has taken important steps forward to help protect our kids by reducing gun violence.

The American people made their voices heard, and the Senate made progress to make it harder for criminals and people with serious mental illnesses to get guns, to crack down on anyone trying to funnel guns to criminals, and to reinstate and strengthen a ban on the sale of military-style assault weapons. Each of these ideas deserves a vote. The President urges Congress to pass these commonsense measures while affirming our nation’s tradition of responsible gun ownership.

Watch President Obama's address on reducing gun violence. (link in message #2)

Find out more about the President's plan to reduce gun violence. (link in message #2))

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    I've encouraged my friends in other States to speak out at the Federal level.

Personally I have made the tactical decision that the Maryland General Assembly was the most imeadate and most liky to succede threat. After the close of the GA session I will first sleep for 36 hrs , then evaluate the tactical situation at Federal Level of which committe members are best to be on receiving end of email and FAXs .

gmhowell

Not Banned Yet
    Nov 28, 2011
    Monkey County
    Federal legislation is going to get tied up before too long. At some point, they have to do some fiduciary work. Gonna be lots of horse trading, possibly including some gun bills.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Davech1831

Latest threads

Top Bottom