• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Steve973

Enthusiast
    Feb 7, 2012
    Howard County
    I was wondering how far apart the holes are at the range, because I want to build a target stand. I am also wondering if PVC is okay, or if I should really be using wood.

Drmsparks

Old School Rifleman
    Jun 26, 2007
    PG county
    I'd reccomend buying your first one from them. They have narrow and wide. That gives you a nice template to build future ones on.....

Threeband

The M1 Does My Talking
    Dec 30, 2006
    Carroll County
    Some people make tee-shaped stands, and mount several targets horizontally. That's a good idea if you hang several targets at 50 yards, where the mounting height is more critical.

I make my frames 7 feet tall, and usually post four targets one above another. This works at 100 yards, because they're so close to the berm, all bullets impact properly.

engineerbrian

JMB fan club
    Sep 3, 2010
    Fredneck
    I was wondering how far apart the holes are at the range, because I want to build a target stand. I am also wondering if PVC is okay, or if I should really be using wood.

PVC is great as long as Chevellnut71 and I dont shoot at it. We broke out his new rifle today and had a few shots that were a little low :o

Oh well, nothing a few couplings and some glue cant fix

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    get a couple 2x4's, some 1x2's and some deck screws. I cut the picture on the right down short...just use longer 1x2's for a taller frame. Use cardboard stapled to the 1x2's as a target backer. for transport or repair, pull the 1x2's out of the base.
    target stand.jpg

damifinowfish

Ultimate Member
    Dec 14, 2009
    Remulak
    The lanes are 5 feet wide at the AGC. I would suggest that it you make a five feet wide target frame you post it at 100 yards only for safety reasons. The AGC sells three different size frames. 17in 24in & 36in wide frames. The 36 in frames have a tendency to brake easy because they act like a sail in the wind. My personal favorite is the 24 in wide frame. The 17 inch frame is great for smaller cars. The AGC frames are around 7 feet high and brake down into two 48 inch long parts. The frame that the AGC sells supports one of the Junior programs.

Hope this helps

Dave MP

Retired USA
    Jun 13, 2010
    Farmland, PA
    Another option (attached)
    If you cap the feet and fill with sand or dirt at the range it is light and east to transport.

Attachments

• GITG_PVC_target_stand[1].pdf
      980 KB · Views: 217

K31

"Part of that Ultra MAGA Crowd"
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2006
    AA county
    Saw shooters bring a PVC stand to AGC one time. One low strike with an AR and they were out of business.

Dave MP

Retired USA
    Jun 13, 2010
    Farmland, PA
    That is why I like and use the one I posted. If you are shooting so low that you hit the pvc, you might want to reconsider more dry fire training.

EWO

AGC / Monumental Member
    Jan 25, 2010
    Ellicott City MD
    Are we talking target frames or stands? My friend and I built this after they got rid of the green metal stands on the pistol range. Works great!

IMG_0139.jpg

IMG_0138.jpg

IMG_0125.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    partyboytowsonhigh1956

Latest threads

Top Bottom